does your behaviour change around someone as you get closer

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

selin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

Out of curiosity, I wondered what you had to say about any behavioural changes that occur as you get to know someone better and feel more at ease with them. Do you feel more fluent in your communication skills with that person? Do you ever feel totally comfortable with another person? How do you experience closeness in a friendship/romantic relationship?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 11:53 pm

I have three brothers, one in blood, two that are my choice. I am extremely comfortable around them. Complete opposite of my usual dark brooding behavior. Speech does come much easier around them. I'll also actually talk about myself, something I do a lot on here, but in the physical world is quite a rare thing. I also swear like a sailor around them :twisted:, I guess that's the ultimate test of just how comfortable you are with a friend.

Katiaflowers83
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

Yes and that's when people stop being my friend. I have a problem about telling people too much too soon. I just don't have many people and once I get to know someone I let it all out.

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2015, 7:39 pm

I feel more comfortable joking and handling possible misunderstandings, and more comfortable talking about personal thoughts.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

02 Jul 2015, 10:23 pm

As I get to know people more I become less introverted. I start talking more & expressing more ideas/opinions. The only person I feel completely comfortable with is my girlfriend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 10:54 am

Someone on this forum made a comment a few years ago, to the effect that the better he (or she) got to know a person, the more difficult the relationship got. I can certainly relate to that.

BigSnoopy126
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2015, 5:17 pm

When I become closer to a person, I become much more willing to show my uniqueness, which helps me find out who is genuine in a way since they accept me more then. Like I won't try as hard to pretend to understand stuff I don't - and I don't pretend as much as I used to anyway. But, that's becasue I've mastered the art of laughing at myself, I think.

WaveOfChange
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2015, 7:15 pm

I find that as I get closer to people, it gets more difficult to interact with them. I'd have to guess it's because I'm not used to being close with them. I'm not sure if I enjoy being closer. My feelings on the matter are very fluid.

I guess I feel like a different person, which really makes me uncomfortable...

Weebeastie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2015, 8:43 am

I have both sides on this, as I get close to someone in a relationship, I let a lot more come out from inside but then once I do then it gets difficult as i get anxious and start to get over stressed which runs straight into meltdown mode and the obligatory rants.

This tends to kill any closer relationship and I get the old why can't you just be happy statement.

If there was a just be happy button I'd be all over it, so for me there is a very fine line close but not too close, open but not too open. Just like social activities attend and show face but not really there in spirit.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 9:16 am

Yeah, I'm usually very comfortable around people close to me, I act naturally around them without being anxious or something and I can start any conversation with them.