How to you deal with a close friend moving away?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

I just found out that one of my best friends is moving to Chicago, which is very far away from me. They didn't tell me at first because they knew I would be upset. How do I deal with this?

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm

The right way to deal with this? No idea.

My friend moved away and we didn't meet up in person anymore, over time we lost contact altogether cause he didn't seem interested and we didn't have as much in common anymore.
Personally I would try to stay in contact, but if the other party doesn't have the motivation, move on with life.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2015, 12:49 pm

Are they moving for college?

It depends how old they are. It might be time that everyone is branching out into the world to find out who they are and what they would like to become.

If so, this is normal. I understand you are upset, but I believe you will be okay. I remained friends with a couple of my close friends for years after we graduated high school and all through college, but then we eventually grew apart because we realized we were becoming different people.

My advice is to take your friend moving away as a lesson to just focus on yourself and what you would like to do in life. The people that are meant to be in your life will show up eventually.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

RubyTates wrote:
Are they moving for college?

It depends how old they are. It might be time that everyone is branching out into the world to find out who they are and what they would like to become.

My friend is 32. They had a job making $140,000 a year, but moved for a job that payed more