So im a little bit confused here as to what this means

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 11:38 am

So...in my college (year 13 so its the british equivalent to americans high school) some girls tend to stare at me, it actually makes me uncomfortable, one girl stood and stared at me for like a solid 5 minutes then went "sorry!" and went off to her friends table, why did she stare at me? is that normal? is she going to kill me or something? who can tell.....

there was also this time this girl sat next to me while i was with two other friends, she really wanted a picture with me, asked my name (which i told her), she litterally begged me for a picture with me....then later that day she saw me again on my way to class and ran after me yelling "MARRY ME!! !" and i ran up the stairs really fast, i think she liked me that way (luckily she left at the end of last year), but the first bit, what did she want the picture for? she kept asking my friend if he was russian (which he isn't, he is from England so thats a dumb question considering we are in england). she might have been crazy.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 11:42 am

randomeu wrote:
So...in my college (year 13 so its the british equivalent to americans high school) some girls tend to stare at me, it actually makes me uncomfortable, one girl stood and stared at me for like a solid 5 minutes then went "sorry!" and went off to her friends table, why did she stare at me? is that normal? is she going to kill me or something? who can tell.....

there was also this time this girl sat next to me while i was with two other friends, she really wanted a picture with me, asked my name (which i told her), she litterally begged me for a picture with me....then later that day she saw me again on my way to class and ran after me yelling "MARRY ME!! !" and i ran up the stairs really fast, i think she liked me that way (luckily she left at the end of last year), but the first bit, what did she want the picture for? she kept asking my friend if he was russian (which he isn't, he is from England so thats a dumb question considering we are in england). she might have been crazy.

Ahhh, so you are a member of the royal family, huh? Harry gets that all the time. Seriously, you are probably attractive to these girls. That is all it means.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 11:47 am

AspieUtah wrote:
randomeu wrote:

Ahhh, so you are a member of the royal family, huh? Harry gets that all the time. Seriously, you are probably attractive to these girls. That is all it means.

ah, time to take the defences down then haha i was kind of scared, too bad for them that im gay though, although im not gonna say that (because being gay is verbally bullied around here and im likely to be completely abandoned by everyone in my class rather then distanced from like i am now), that might be an awkward thing to get out of if they ask me out (hopefully not). but im glad im not being witch hunted or something

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 11:50 am

randomeu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
randomeu wrote:

ah, time to take the defences down then haha i was kind of scared, too bad for them that im gay though, although im not gonna say that (because being gay is verbally bullied around here and im likely to be completely abandoned by everyone in my class rather then distanced from like i am now), that might be an awkward thing to get out of if they ask me out (hopefully not). but im glad im not being witch hunted or something

That was going to be my second guess -- being gay myself.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 11:55 am

Please don't take this the wrong way. They might have heard you are "special" and are staring at you because you appear so normal. Some part of them might actually like you and think you are a cool individual but they didn't realize you were different.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm

Aspinator wrote:
Please don't take this the wrong way. They might have heard you are "special" and are staring at you because you appear so normal. Some part of them might actually like you and think you are a cool individual but they didn't realize you were different.

that could be a possibility, i mean i do know a guy that has a heap of friends (the girl in the second one is actually one of his friends coincidentally) so maybe he sort of figured it out and spread it around or im just that interesting haha

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

I just wish people would just allow us to be ourselves.

We're not some alien species.

Get to know us, like you would other people.

Have respect for us! Don't stare at us.

Say Hi to us. Ask us directions. Treat us like people, dammit!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
1. I just wish people would just allow us to be ourselves.

2. We're not some alien species.

3. Get to know us, like you would other people.

4. Have respect for us! Don't stare at us.

5. Say Hi to us. Ask us directions. Treat us like people, dammit!

Hi kraftikortie!

I owe you a message methinks. Meanwhile ...

1. But people won't just allow us to be ourselves. So ... I am myself anyways. I made an intriguing comment along those lines to someone at work the other day who was publicly insinuating that I was different. And I'm not sorry for what I said. There wasn't anything wrong with my remark ... it was simply direct and gave me an opportunity to stand up for being different. And it got my message across beautifully. How people reacted was pretty cool, I thought. I left them with absolutely nothing to say. "Yes, there actually are some things I have in common with you," I said, then continued. "But mostly, I'm different ... " (Here there was a stunned silence from the two people I was with as they gasped and widened their eyes in surprise at my boldness ... ) ... " ... Because I'm an artist." I finished with triumphant confidence in my voice. Victory was mine! :D

2. There are times when I self-identify as an alien species. :P

3. Or, don't waste my time. I have important things to do, with or without you. And while I would love to make new friends, if you don't want me as one, it's your loss. (That would be my response to NTs in general, and is not directed to anyone here on WrongPlanet ... )

4. Or, I'll stare right back at you, wave so everyone can see, and say hello so everyone can hear. 8)

5. Saying hi is cool, and treat me with the same respect you want to be treated with. Don't ask directions though, unless you want to get lost. :arrow: :?: