Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GamingMaestro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jun 2016, 9:02 pm

So I'm in another state right now doing a summer workshop at a college...and I have been pushing myself to try and be more social. I had lunch with the teacher's assistant the first day I got here, and I can say I made a good effort to participate in conversations when we had lunch with guest speakers. (yay networking and letting people in the industry know I exist, lol!) But for some reason I can't say the same about trying to socialize with my classmates, so I think I might be doing something wrong? I've tried talking to people and I even went out to lunch when someone suggested going somewhere as a group, but I can't say it felt like a successful attempt. The only thing I can think of is that I was the only girl in the group and maybe guys prefer to stick to socializing with other guys? :? This program is a really good networking opportunity, and I'm kind of bummed that I've been here for 2 weeks and haven't made friends with anyone yet even though I'm trying...

Lamaga
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jun 2016, 2:50 am

Hey M,
why don't you invite them to do something with you?
Look for a nice bar, an interesting film or so and ask who wants to go with you :wink:
In this way only the people who share your same interests will show up, and you'll be able to
socialize faster.