Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2016, 12:24 pm

What I want to know, is do any of you have tactics for handling being with really energetic people?
I had more of my family round today for the buffet, and a bunch of them are really really energetic, and after a while with them I was just fully drained. Genuinely just going up the stairs i had to stop half way up to recharge for a minute.
They constantly chatter away, playfight with eachother, bounce about, and I don't want to look rude and lock myself away in a room (+ the young ones would probably hunt me out). That uncle is also really energetic (which is where i think his kids get it from), which doesn't help too much...
Advice?

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2016, 12:32 pm

I have found just trying to say that you're feeling tired and showing that you are willing to try to join (if you are willing, that is) in a little bit but might need a break works quite well.

I tend to excuse myself from situations entirely with less explanation if I have found the company I am in to be pushy or less understanding in the past as I have difficulty explaining how I feel in any depth verbally.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

Pop a xany and put some earplugs in. That's what I do.