Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

elarue
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2019, 10:08 pm

Okay, this one seems a little out there, even to me, but then again, I would think members of this forum are used to things being a little out there.

See, I suspect those of us on the spectrum have a tendency to think of really big, outlandish ideas. Unfortunately, being able to communicate these ideas effectively also falls a little flat. In my case, I have an idea that I want to present to someone who is a celebrity and is very successful in their field. The neurotypical reaction would be to say that for a person of their stature to be even interested in responding, let alone participating, is completely unrealistic. But maybe, not even because of being on the spectrum, but even just being an INFJ or having a grandiose imagination or feeling like this is the universe talking, I'm led to think, "Yeah, but if he did, what an impact he would have!" I almost think this would be like Steve Jobs persuading John Sculley to join Apple in order to change the world, although I don't think I have the cojones to pitch it that way like Steve Jobs did. ;-)

So how would you approach this scenario? Or did I not disclose enough details to advise me on this? I'm not even sure how much I want to disclose up front, but on the other hand, I wonder if I should in order to get an effective answer.

Thanks for the advice!