Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2007, 2:17 pm

Well, I have a friend thats AS i guess, and he is kind of different. But I don't judge people like that. But im looking for some AS friends to get to know, so I can understand him better. I told him I would look into AS for him, to see if I could take all that comes with it. He is my friend and we have been friends for about 2 years or more.. Well im Danielle, and 23 years old.. Get back with me

Last edited by Dancing4christ2002 on 21 Dec 2007, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 2:27 pm

I like your name.
There are interesting articles on the site to read.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 3:13 pm

Thats so good that u came on this site to understand your friend better, i have a friend on here whos nt, and my bf whos nt, sometimes comes on too. I however, got classic autism, but its nice to meet u, wp is a great place to be!

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Dec 2007, 4:30 pm

sure ill be your pal! I was DX'ed with HFA when I was little, but that was B4 AS was accepted, so I may be DX'ed wrong... all well still counts right?

MeganVegantoast
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 5:08 pm

I'll be your friend!
I'm diagnosed with a moderately heavy case of aspergers.
you can message me anytime. =]

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2007, 9:16 pm

Thanks to all of you! You are really kind! Im from Michigan! It's really cold here and me and my AS friend just went to see Enchanted! A great little fairytale movie lol. I dance, I have 2 STEP & Dance Teams @ my church! We are going to state competition in March or May... WHOOT WHOOT! What are all of your interest? I know some AS people motor skills aren't that great! But I will ask anyways, if any of you play any sports or anything like that?

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 11:02 pm

So what's your friend like? Which AS traits does he present? And how did you learn he has AS?

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Dec 2007, 7:39 am

His social skills are way off, his motor skills are too.. He doesn't like to compromise, or change.. He is really obssesed with music and like planets.. He is really into details.. Doesn't have that many friends, people think he is odd...

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 8:21 am

You didn't post where you are. Are you talking about real life friends or online friends?

What is it that you want to understand more? Anything in particular that you are curious about? Doesn't mean I will necessarily have the answer but will try to help.

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Dec 2007, 8:48 am

I don't know really anyone with AS besides him, so online friends will do for now, unless I come across another person with AS. I just want to chat with people to get a better understand thats all. I read the AS book. And maybe I can help you guys talk to NT's better! I don't know. Im just really looking for AS friends online right now..

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 1:40 pm

Dancing4christ2002 wrote:
I don't know really anyone with AS besides him, so online friends will do for now, unless I come across another person with AS. I just want to chat with people to get a better understand thats all. I read the AS book. And maybe I can help you guys talk to NT's better! I don't know. Im just really looking for AS friends online right now..

Coolness. It's nice that you want to understand him better, that's really sweet. So how do you know know him? I know you said that you've known him for about 2 years, but what is your relationship? When you say you've been friends for two years what do you mean? Did you just meet him for the first time two years ago in a class or something? Or did you become close with him about two years ago, but have known of each other for a while now? I'm just curious as to how close you two are.
Also, if you could tell us more about either him or yourself, then maybe we could be able to help each other more. Stuff such as you guys' interests and the like. Alot of AS people have special intrests that they are almost obsessive over, does he have one? What is it?

So what book did you read about aspergers? Theres alot of them out now, do you have the title?

Sorry about the bombardment of questions... Like I said earlier, I just think that if we can learn more then we can help more. :)

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 5:56 pm

Dancing4christ2002 wrote:
His social skills are way off, his motor skills are too.. He doesn't like to compromise, or change.. He is really obssesed with music and like planets.. He is really into details.. Doesn't have that many friends, people think he is odd...

How did you learn he has AS? Did he or someone else tell you he has AS? Or do you suppose he has AS?

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Dec 2007, 9:54 pm

I'll try to answer all of your questions.. Okay we have known each other for about 2 years now, maybe more. We met in church, we are both youth leaders! I always thought he was kind of odd, but i still talked to him. His mom became my mentor and she is really outgoing like myself. So we are just like a huge family. His mom just told me he liked me for over 2 years, i guess since the day he met me.. He doesn't know how to pursue me really, he just thinks that if he asks me out, i would just go out with him. We hung out, but never really went out on a date. So usually when people get to know each other they date first and then become boyfriend and girlfrined and all that great stuff i guess.. But he thinks the opposite. He thinks we become bf and gf and then start dating. He has a really hard time with socializing, I help him a lot! He seems to communicate better with me because he is familar with me and trust me. He is also obssessed with music! He will study it for hours, he plays the guitar.. And he is obssessed with detail. He could prolly compose a symphony lol.. But thats all good, i like music too. Hopefully he isn't too obssessed with it so much it interfers with our friendship. But its ok! He really doesn't like to compromise, he sticks straight to the rules. He dressed really plain, and im into fashion, and love to shop so I just got him to think out of his box, and he is really trying.. SO thats a good thing. We are both smart, he is smarter then me tho, his IQ is way higher then normal. Umm, he found out that he has AS from this couple. He gave him a book called solutions for adults with asperger. He saids he relates A LOT to it, and i read it to get a better understanding and its totally him. But his non verbal communication is pretty off but thats ok... Im just saying random stuff, cuz i keep remembering the questions you asked. We are both christians, go to the same church, into fine arts, im more outgoing and socialize very well, he kind of stays by hisself, but im trying to get him out the box and show him how NT's work.. Hmm, is that enough info lol, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 4:04 pm

its very nice that you want to find out how to understand your friend, far too little NTs can be bothered to even attempt to understand AS. ill be your friend if you like

Dancing4christ2002
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Dec 2007, 7:58 am

dragonboy, thanks! We can be friends, just send me a message anytime!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 9:16 am

I'm Rachel, I'm 24. I'd be glad to talk to you to help you understand AS better, it's always great to find someone who wants to understand.
If you have MSN Messenger, you can add me as a contact if you like. My email address is listed in my profile.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I