Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:21 pm

Since I'm having trouble making friends in high school, I've decided to go back to an idea I had once and try to make friends in my town. So before I start, can anyone give me some advice, or does anyone live in my town (High Point, North Carolina)?

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 6:07 pm

Hey, what's your idea??? Come on, tell us!! :)

Personally, I've found the best way is to ask lots of questions about them, smile, laugh at their jokes and try cracking a few of my own (they're usually atrocious though). It can back fire though, as after a while the exhaustion hits me and I start to zone out- I usualy just explain though and they don't seem to mind.

As for meeting people, join a club- the weirder the better (but make sure it's legal :P), as you'll meet all kind of unusual people and probably fit right in :)

PowerGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2008, 6:16 pm

If I'm in a social gathering like a party, I stick to my friends or wander around on my own if I feel comfortable enough. I often see other people alone and I sometimes go up to them and talk to them. Maybe you should try going up to people who are alone. Chances are, they're lonely and would love to talk to you and who knows, they may want to be friends and may not have many anyway. Give it a shot! -Power Girl

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 6:31 pm

PowerGirl wrote:
If I'm in a social gathering like a party, I stick to my friends or wander around on my own if I feel comfortable enough. I often see other people alone and I sometimes go up to them and talk to them. Maybe you should try going up to people who are alone. Chances are, they're lonely and would love to talk to you and who knows, they may want to be friends and may not have many anyway. Give it a shot! -Power Girl

Lately, I've been the only one who's been feeling lonely (well, at school, anyway).

PowerGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2008, 6:55 pm

Join the club. Then again, I choose to sit alone anyway. And I don't like to let myself get lonely. Maybe you'll feel better. I always do in the end. -Power Girl