Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 5:09 am

Does anyone else here have a xanga? I just started one up because it sound like a fun way to express your creativity and personality online. ( www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=aspiegirl2 ).

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 9:53 am

how does a xanga differ from other weblogs?

I started writing my weblog - http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... ew&user=ed - but stopped, because i didn't think anyone was reading it (well, there was one person recently read it and sent me a message, but one person does not a readership make) :D

Basically, I think I'm boring. :oops:

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 12:35 pm

I have a Xanga because almost my whole band has one, and so it makes it a little more fun for me. I think that the difference between the weblog here at WP is different from a Xanga is because you have a full webpage based different backrounds, fonts, and so a little more personality for each one. People could do their own designs and have a profile and post pictures and everything on their xanga. But, yes, considered that people here just write their blogs, it's no different. But xangas do add a little more personality.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 12:48 pm

I don't have a xanga(that's my sister's blog site) I have blogdrive. Click my website link if you want to see it

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 4:03 pm

I used to have a xanga, but I never update it anymore. I do, however, have a livejournal, so that's been fun to update and all of that. Two of my friends on it are friends in real life and others are online friends.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ashiaro

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 9:45 pm

Xanga? Looks like a hyped Livejournal. Peole should just make their own website if they have the time to personalize so much.

AspieGurl89_MI
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Aug 2005, 8:46 pm

I also am an Aspie. I'm 15 years old and I also have an Xanga. It is http://www.xanga.com/The_New_Nicole I will check your xanga out too!! !

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2005, 5:06 am

I checked out the Xanga website and it seems to resemble others such as Livejournal, Blogspot, etc. I had WordPress running on my linux server at home, but as the server has blown up now, I cannot update it until I retrieve the MySQL Tables on the old hard drive.

I am not even certain that I can get the information back yet.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2005, 7:53 pm

Heh. Most of what makes it onto my LJ is random commentary, usually that I think of during English or gov. ;)

OffWithHerHead
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2005, 12:45 pm

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 12:59 pm

I have a Xanga account but it's pretty much just so I can subscribe to and comment on other people's Xangas. My only post is one that directs to my LiveJournal.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

20 Oct 2005, 11:17 pm

I have a Xanga. My old domain name redirects to it.

www.maegworks.com