A big reason why I did not go to a Church of Christ college

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 5:40 am

I remember when I was much younger I was thinking about going to a church of Christ university.However one of the big reasons why I chose public colleges instead were because church of Christ colleges have been to known to suspend and kick out students for drinking off campus.I thought it was bad enough that the drinking age was 21 but I did not want to wait to have the freedom to drink till several years after I turned 21.

I just was so afraid I would get kicked out for having a beer off campus if I went to a church of Christ college.I think no drinking off campus for students that are drinking age is a ridiculous school rule.I just was not going to subject myself to that rule if I could help it.How would yall of reacted if you were forbidden to drink off campus by a college you went to under threat of suspension and/or expulsion?I can understand why drinking on campus was banned because frat parties in college can get pretty out of hand at times.Thanks in advance.Do yall think banning students from drinking off campus under threat of suspension/expulsion was unreasonable?I think its ironic because Christ turned the water into wine and Jesus drank wine so even Jesus would have been suspended/or expelled under that rule.I regret not going to a Church of Christ college sometimes because I could have found my wife and been married by now.