JD Vance Into White Nationalist Bodybuilders!

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 1:55 am

She (Chalukuri) and Singh are Indians so why is the backlash they are getting from far right trump supporters called "Asian hate" by the media? so confusing, Indians are not Asians.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 3:01 am

well, India is part of Asia - - South Asia. South Asians aren't what many people think of when they hear the word "Asian."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 3:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
well, India is part of Asia - - South Asia. South Asians aren't what many people think of when they hear the word "Asian."

the Asian hate thing was exclusively for east asians.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 4:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, they're evidently including South Asians in it now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 4:12 am

I wonder what she thinks of her husband's beliefs?

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2024, 6:19 am

autisticelders wrote:
I follow several different pages, have friends from all walks of life. Reading extremist pages can also fall under the context of "know thine enemy". gaining information and perspectives besides one's own does not necessarily mean one is a believer or follower of the ideas one gathers information about.

I agree, within limits. In the UK I can watch Sky News to get the conservative perspective; I will not watch GB News under any circumstances. I imagine the same thing applies in the US re. Fox News vs. e.g. Newsmax.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2024, 6:21 am

JamesW wrote:
autisticelders wrote:
I follow several different pages, have friends from all walks of life. Reading extremist pages can also fall under the context of "know thine enemy". gaining information and perspectives besides one's own does not necessarily mean one is a believer or follower of the ideas one gathers information about.

I agree, within limits. In the UK I can watch Sky News to get the conservative perspective; I will not watch GB News under any circumstances. I imagine the same thing applies in the US re. Fox News vs. e.g. Newsmax.

In terms of extremist viewpoints, my opinion is that if these people have anything new or worthwhile to say, it will be reported on outlets which they or their friends do not control.

I will never get my news from social media.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 8:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Any place east of the Aegean is "Asia". Israel, Iran, Turkey, the Caucasus, Arabia, is "Asia". The Arab Middle East is "Western Asia", the Indian subcontinent is "South Asia", and the far east is "East Asia".

In the US "Asian" has come to mean "East Asia" (China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, etc). In Britain "Asian" usually means "South Asia" since the UK gets immigrants from the Indian subcontinent.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 1:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:

From what I gather, she had voted Democrat prior to her husband running for office.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 1:32 pm

Let's not kink-shame JD Vance. 8)

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 1:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

It would be strange if Trump's racist constituency did NOT turn on Trump's pick for VP.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 2:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Any place east of the Aegean is "Asia". Israel, Iran, Turkey, the Caucasus, Arabia, is "Asia". The Arab Middle East is "Western Asia", the Indian subcontinent is "South Asia", and the far east is "East Asia".

In the US "Asian" has come to mean "East Asia" (China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, etc). In Britain "Asian" usually means "South Asia" since the UK gets immigrants from the Indian subcontinent.

Except by and large, almost 99.9% of east Asians don't consider South Asians to be asian and likewise South Asians don't consider themselves Asians, they refer to themselves by their own identifiers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 2:36 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

From what I gather, she had voted Democrat prior to her husband running for office.

Oh dear, another Nikki Haley

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 9:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Except by and large, almost 99.9% of east Asians don't consider South Asians to be asian and likewise South Asians don't consider themselves Asians, they refer to themselves by their own identifiers.

Not in the UK. In the UK South Asians are called "Asians" by both Whites and South Asians.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 10:54 pm

Well, I just hope he doesn't melt down and do weird things or discovering himself sexually for the first time and leaving his wife for a biker when he gets to that position of VP. The only reason I say all of that - I'd swear they must mist psychedelics and shag pill particulates in the Whitehouse air (not seriously but the outcomes of being there make it seem that way).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 12:48 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Not in the UK. In the UK South Asians are called "Asians" by both Whites and South Asians.

the irony is three way racism
1. White English people lumping all "darkies" together
2. East asians who hate Indians skin colour so don't want to be associated with them
3. Indians who desire to see themselves as caucasian so don't want to be seen as associated with "asiatics" or "mongoloid" peoples