Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ObjectTelegraphs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2024, 9:26 am

Hi!
I am starting a new job soon and have to pick a headset with a microphone for it. In the past I always had issues with headsets either not blocking outside sounds enough (no or weak noise canceling), or with loud announcement sounds ("Battery Low!"/"Muted") that startled me. I only found threads on headsets without a microphone on here. Do you know of any good headset with a microphone that works well for people sensitive to sounds? Thank you! :D

TikvaBall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2024, 9:51 am

Are you meaning wireless headphones that have a built-in mic or are you meaning the ones that have a physical mic attached?

ObjectTelegraphs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2024, 2:30 am

Quote:
Are you meaning wireless headphones that have a built-in mic or are you meaning the ones that have a physical mic attached?

Honestly either are fine as long as they are making too much noise :lol:

TikvaBall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2024, 9:29 am

I'm not sure how much noise canceling you need, but I have Shure Aonic 50. I would recommend trying them before buying if you can, though, because their main purpose is playing music. Your best noise canceling is headphones made for people who shoot guns, but I'm not sure if any of those would have a mic.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 12:54 pm

I use Bose over-the-ear Quiet Comfort 15. They are an older wired model. The wire is removable and I bought the replacement wire with a built in microphone from Bose. I use it for my daily status meetings and it works great. I also bought a Bluetooth adapter from a third-party, so it can connect wirelessly to a phone with no wired earphone/microphone headset jack. The noise cancellation is very good. There is no robot voice, no signal sounds at all.

I got my daughter a newer wireless Bose Quiet Comfort over-the-ear for college.

The newer ones have a built-in microphone. (Look under “Technical Specifications”)

https://www.bose.com/p/headphones/quiet ... NEARN.html

notboston
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2024, 9:15 am

ObjectTelegraphs wrote:
Hi!
I am starting a new job soon and have to pick a headset with a microphone for it. In the past I always had issues with headsets either not blocking outside sounds enough (no or weak noise canceling), or with loud announcement sounds ("Battery Low!"/"Muted") that startled me. I only found threads on headsets without a microphone on here. Do you know of any good headset with a microphone that works well for people sensitive to sounds? Thank you! :D

I have had a lot of success with Sades brand headsets. They're a gaming brand that targets the India market. They're really affordable, like ~$15 for a USB headset on Amazon.

I'm not an audiophile, but I think they do a good job. They are a lot more like the headsets from 10 years ago - no frills, mute and cough buttons, volume controls on the wire.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2024, 4:18 pm

Bose QC35. The noise cancelling is really good. They have a built-in microphone with excellent sensitivity. They do have voice prompts, but they are quiet, and in a voice (American female) which I find gentle and unthreatening.

ObjectTelegraphs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2024, 1:16 pm

Thanks all! I ordered the Bose Quiet Comfort, they seem good :)