Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2024, 6:10 am

Hey everyone, I had to do something similar to this in elementary school which I had trouble with. It's an activity that is supposed to teach the concept that students need to read the directions first before starting anything. And, in China as a teacher I had to give this type of activity out to my students per the direction of our admins. But, I have problems with this. The accepted way to read these instructions is to follow 17 and do 17 which says to only so 1,2, and 13. But, if I only do 1,2, and 13 then how can I do 17 which says to only do 1,2, and 13?

The directions themselves are inconsistent and there is no successful way to follow these directions. Am I wrong? If I am then why?

1. Read everything before starting, and then work as quickly as possible
2. Write your name at the top right corner of the paper
3. Draw a box around your name.
4. Circle number 1
5. Underline the word name in number 2
6. Stand up and say your name out loud
7 Answer the question out loud: Do you like broccol
B.
8. On the back of the paper, multiply 40x30.
9. Stand up and count backwards from 30.
10. At the bottom of the page, write your favorite color.
11. Put a box around the word "color" in number 10
12. Stand up, push in your chair, and slowly jog around the classroom saying "I love schooll I love school
13. Draw a picture of a house on the back of this page
14. Stand up and tell the class how old you are.
15 Cross out the word "picture" in number 13.
16. Stand up and announce, "I am almost finished the directions
17. Now that you have finished reading the directions carefully, do only number 1, 2, and 13. quietly and smile of your teacher. Do not speak to your neighbors.

If number 17 says only do 1,2,and 13 then how can students do number 17 which says to only do 1,2, and 13?