Dating people you do not really like?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 4:29 am

funeralxempire wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I think I would rather date someone I don't like than be single.

There's days I feel this way.

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’d much rather be single than date someone I don’t like.

And other days I feel this way.

It's really hard for me to be alone and I often feel lonely, but I still wouldn't want to be with someone I don't like or who is unsuitable. I have a wonderful relationship now and I am very lucky, but it's hard too because I don't see him as often as I would like. We hang out together for long stretches at a time, about once a week, but my ideal would be to be together all the time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 9:18 pm

Why don't you try it and tell us how it goes?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

27 Jul 2024, 11:19 pm

I just had a thought that some of my various likes & dislikes have changed over time like foods, music, & TV shows. Sometimes people start disliking thimgs with their partners that they were attracted to & they may also start liking things they used to dislike with their partners. A little of both has happened with me. It's part of gaining life experience, growing, & maturing. Sometimes people fall for each other after fighting/arguing a bit, I don't get that but different people are different.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2024, 10:50 pm

nick007 wrote:
I just had a thought that some of my various likes & dislikes have changed over time like foods, music, & TV shows. Sometimes people start disliking thimgs with their partners that they were attracted to & they may also start liking things they used to dislike with their partners. A little of both has happened with me. It's part of gaining life experience, growing, & maturing. Sometimes people fall for each other after fighting/arguing a bit, I don't get that but different people are different.

There was a saying that describe this (kind of) A women would marry a man in hopes to change him, A man would marry a woman expecting she won't change. I don't think all relationships end up like this but there's a little bit of truth behind it.