Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 10:11 pm

@ work, checking the time every couple of minutes. time drags by. angry customer and angry customer. almost getting hit by cars. hate having to tell customers that i have a doctor's note that i am not allowed to lift over fifty pounds. off leash dogs. rude coworkers. tripping hazards in the parking lot. home depot is a nightmare waiting to keep happening.

today, did not have to work. 10pm to 6am slept fine. ate. (bowel movement). stretched, dishes. (bowel moveemnt). (nap). (bowel movement). bus to grocery store. grocery shopping. walked to library. computer. printed. checked out books. bus to kennel. lunch. bowel movement. applied for jobs. dinner.

didn't do anything fun or unusual or extreme or great or cool or anything like that today. didn't do much. but it's almost time for bed.

times drags on @ work.

time flies by when off work.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 10:23 pm

That would be a very busy day for me. So much so that I wouldn't be able to do it. I could do groceries or library on one of my relatively infrequent good days, but definitely not both. But I have a chronic illness (ME/CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome) so I'm not really a comparable example, for anyone.

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2024, 1:15 am

Time almost always feels like its flying to me, but it's definitely faster on my days off.

I'm always desperate to draw. On my work days, I spend nearly all day at work and come home too tired to draw. On my days off, I get up, eat, brush my teeth, shower, eat again, do whatever chores that can't be put off and then turn on the computer and wrestle with it to let me open Photoshop instead of updating like it wants to. By this time, I find that at least 5 hours have passed since I woke up. I don't know how it's possible, but it happens over and over. And if I have to or even if I want to do anything else on my days off it's even longer. And once I start drawing, of course, time also passes very quickly.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 8:31 am

Have worked in retail for zillions of years. But not for a store that required that kind of physical labor.

There are two kinds of jobs in the world. Those in which you...stare at the clock because you want time to pass. And those in which you stare at the clock because you want time to stand still...because you hafta produce something by a deadline. The higher ranking you are the more it is the later situation. Sucks either way though. :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 9:39 am

Mine is always been inconsistent.

No matter how pressured and urgent, no matter how present and at the moment.

Usually in my case, it boils down to my sleep, stress levels and adrenaline...

Usually it's way slower if I wake up fine and feel better.
But overwhelming fast when not; indicating that as much as I perceived things too fast meant I'm being slow.

No matter what the activity is; sleeping in, being sick, busy, enjoying something, frustrated the whole time, tired, hyper, working, not working, free day, lazy...
Doesn't matter much. It's mostly distorted in my case.

But when I ended up with a day without executive dysfunction, I suddenly have a working sense of time.
Not too fast, not too slow; doesn't matter if it's boring or hectic; just "accurate".

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2024, 3:01 am

I'd only have that many bowel movements if I was having a bad IBS day (which happened yesterday). Does that happen every day for you? I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Hoping your gastroenterologist can help because that must really make your life frustrating.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2024, 12:24 pm

Time seems to drag for me when I take a Sunday off from the flea market. I love to be at work, that's why. The flea market is the closest thing that I have to a job right now.