Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2024, 8:58 am

Zachary Quinto Medical Drama Brilliant Minds Gets NBC Premiere Date: Everything to Know

Quote:
It's been quite a while since actor Zachary Quinto has tackled a non-genre series, but NBC has officially snagged him to lead the upcoming medical drama Brilliant Minds, coming this fall from writer and executive producer Michael Grassi. Read on to learn more about this new heartfelt, thrilling series.

What is Brilliant Minds about?
The series was green-lit in Fall 2023 initially under the title "Dr. Wolf," and follows the work of Dr. Oliver Wolf (Quinto), a revolutionary, larger-than-life neurologist, and his team of interns as they explore the last great frontier — the human mind — while grappling with their own relationships and mental health.

The cases in the show are inspired by Dr. Oliver Wolf Sacks' (1933-2015) real-life brain disorder research and treatment, some of which he chronicled in his non-fiction books The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (1985) and An Anthropologist on Mars (1995).

Before this series, which was announced in May, the most well-known adaptation of Dr. Sacks' work was the 1990 Academy Award-nominated film Awakenings, starring Robin Williams as Dr. Malcolm Sayer, who was modeled on Sacks.

When does Brilliant Minds premiere?
Brilliant Minds premieres on NBC on September 23, 2024, at 10 p.m.

While autism is not mentioned in the article the series is based on the work of Oliver Sacks.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman