Boyfriend was texting other women out of boredom

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2024, 9:33 am

The boredom bit is irrelevant. It seems like he's adding that to make it acceptable. I think it makes it less acceptable, because it suggests that his relationship with you might be what's boring him.

Does he not have other hobbies and interests?

As for texting women in general, it would depend on the boundaries in your relationship. Do you text any male friends or talk to men online in a platonic way? Do you have guy friends irl? I talk to male friends quite often in written form.

As for the sexual content, and offering to see women when he won't, that's the part which is most troubling. If he really doesn't intend to see them then he's lying to those women. That indicates he lies to you as well, but we already know he lies because you found this material on his phone twice.

If he does intend to see the other women and he's not lying to them, then he's lying to YOU about his intentions and you have reason to suspect / expect physical or emotional infidelity beyond what's happened in writing. He already thinks it's justified by his boredom.

It's your decision what to do in that case.

Personally, I'd be going to my doctor for an STI screen whether I stayed with him or not.