I got the LOTR Rivendell lego set.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 2:41 am

It was my birthday this past week and yeah I guess my divorced parents still correlated on splitting the cost for it and
got me that set. I don't remember if I mentioned it to either of them so maybe I did in passing, not because I wanted them to get it for me, since well they already got me a gool lotr lego set before which was the Orthanc tower. so didn't really expect them to do it again. But may have mentioned that was one I was thinking of saving up to get.

Lol I was suspicious when I saw a very big box wrapped as a birthday present In my moms living room I was was like 'no way did they get that for me, its like 500 dollars'....but then I was also thinking what else would they get me that comes in such a large box aside from a crazy lego kit. So I was happy unwrapping it but I kind of knew what it might be before I opened it. But yeah I am happy about it, cause I did really want that set as it comes with a ton of LOTR mini figures but also looked like a really cool build and so far I am having fun building it...not done yet though. But yeah I'd say Lego Rivendell was a wonderful birthday gift from my parents.

Xenorere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2024, 3:10 am

Thats freakin awesome lol. I had so many legos as a kid... and then my mom forced me to share them with my siblings... which resulted in them being dumped down the heat vents because they thought it sounded cool... Ive thought about trying to start collecting them again though

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 3:24 am

Xenorere wrote:
Thats freakin awesome lol. I had so many legos as a kid... and then my mom forced me to share them with my siblings... which resulted in them being dumped down the heat vents because they thought it sounded cool... Ive thought about trying to start collecting them again though

damn that sounds annoying, I mean I shared with my siblings, but we all wanted to use them to play, not dump our siblings legos into heat vents, if anything we would have been upset if any fell into there. I mean yeah idk cant say we never played sh***y tricks on each other or never got mad at each other, but we never really sabotaged each other's stuff at all. Either way well I already started building rivendell but I am excited to build the rest of it, lol so far I have frodo, sam and old man bilbo. it is tempting to go through and get all the minifigures right away, but I think I will just build as normal and wait to unlock the rest of the minifigures from their plastic prisons till I get to them in the build.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 3:56 am

Happy Birthday. I think it's really cool that you got such a groovy gift. I hope you have fun today.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 4:01 am

Awesome.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 8:26 am

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 12:00 pm

That is a wonderful birthday present.

I gave the guy who lived across the hall and worked with me an Estes Honest John Rocket kit.
He said it was the best gift he had ever received!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 12:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person in the world who you make smile sweetleaf...you deserve to get cool birthday presents. I'm buzzing for you

Happy belated birthday to you as well

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 2:10 pm

Not having kids, the Lego bin my brothers and I grew up with went to Sweden with my big bro.
I imagine his eldest has given it to his new son, Knut.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2024, 4:24 pm

You're very fortunate to have gotten such a cool present.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:57 am

Ha ha, it has so many minifigures, even Boromir...and legolas and gimli, even aragorn and arwen, and all the hobbits including bilbo. Another gandalf, I have the orthnac set which came with a gandalf so I suppose I will end up with two Gandalf minifigures. And has a lot of elf characters as well.

LoL I assume lord of the rings fans will know those characters, but for people not so familiar just know those are very important characters to the story...but also if you haven't read or watched lord of the rings I highly recommend it. Those movies where made a while ago now, but they still hold up really well and well the books were written even longer ago. But I think everyone should experience some lord of the rings content lol, like my mom is not into fantasy at all like hates it in fact and even she ended up loving the LOTR movies.