Suspect charged with Chicago Train Mass Shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2024, 11:50 am

Suspect, 30, charged with murder after four shot ‘execution-style’ while sleeping on Chicago train

Quote:
A 30-year-old man has been charged with murder after four people were killed “execution-style” in a mass shooting on a train in Chicago on Labor Day.

Rhanni Davis, 30, from Chicago, was charged with four counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Margaret Miller, 64, and three men including Simeon Bihesi, 28, and Adrian Collins, 60.

Forest Park Police Department were called to reports that three people had been shot while asleep on a CTA Blueline train at around 5.30am local time on Monday morning.

Officers arrived at Forest Park CTA Blueline Station to find four victims suffering gunshot wounds.

Miller and Collins had both been shot in the head, while Bihesi suffered multiple gunshot wounds, NBC News reported.

The other victim – an unidentified male – died of multiple gunshot wounds, according to the medical examiner’s office.

Davis was arrested around an hour after the shooting after Chicago police officers identified him from surveillance footage on board another CTA Pink Line Train, Fox 32 Chicago reported.

In a press conference, Daniel Pater, lieutenant in charge at Forest Park Police Department, said investigators had located the weapon used in the attack – a 9mm Glock 43 – and that it belonged to the suspect.

The Labor Day incident was branded as an isolated attack and police stressed the absence of an immediate threat to the Forest Park suburban community that houses 14,000 people.

Forest Park Mayor Rory Hoskins told reporters at The Associated Press that it was unlikely that the victims saw the shooter as: “They were shot execution-style as they slept.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2024, 12:04 pm

WTF