Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 11:48 am

They've come to observe us to witness the final stroke we deal to our own civilization. Don't expect them to deliver anyone salvation.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 6:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Most exoplanets that get to the bacteria stage probably stay that way forever, or they get snuffed out by supernova before they evolve beyond that.

I understand this and I think the Drake equation factors the low probability that life evolves beyond bugs swimming in some primordial soup. But! the issue is even skeptics admit the incidences of UAP observations are frequent (I don't really know if they have actually increased or (as Will Smith said about racist incidents being filmed) the number reported has increased because a. there's less stigma around it and b. we all have mobile phones with cameras.

Until the objects identified by US defence forces (in case you forgot governments now admit UAPs are a thing) are properly identified, the Avi Loeb argument will be maintained that we must consider "other" explanations (I'm using the same words as the CIA report on UAPs back in 2021).