Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2024, 7:22 pm

Jakki wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Perfect for a tiny camper conversion.. with a second story lift option :D

They already do camper versions and some of them which are 4 birth have an upstairs and a downstairs bedrooms to sleep in.

Lololzz.. hope youu could be able to drive a double decker camper in a High wind storm ? :nerdy: lolz

Though anything such lightweight and sail-like is going to be buffeted by the wind, but due to the clever suspension it is surprizingly not as effected as one may think. I was touching 70 on a similar sized Bedford Bambi with wind but it was hairy. (The speed sort of kept it from being effected so much by cross winds. The Bambi is a similar size and shape as the only real difference is the upper section inside the 4 berth types has it divided by movable upper floor sections which are very clever to be honest. Mine was just a standard 2 berth as they didn't invent those clever floor sections in those days and mine had a 997cc engine while those have 660cc engines. You brake more with the engines than the normal brakes on those vehicles. Engine braking is very efdective. Foot pedal brakes are not great and not great for a reason. Slam on and the rear wheels go into the air! BUT they brake fine so no real worries).

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2024, 7:41 pm

Niacin wrote:
The outcome of this poll is grippingly identical to the outcome of this older poll: 76-77% of users are diagnosed.

Interesting!

Princess Viola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2024, 6:42 pm

I'm presently self-diagnosed but seeking a formal diagnosis.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 7:44 pm

Princess Viola wrote:
I'm presently self-diagnosed but seeking a formal diagnosis.

Hope you find one and all goes well and the results make sense.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 8:46 pm

I'm on the spectrum. I was diagnosed at the age of 5 and a half.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2024, 8:55 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm on the spectrum. I was diagnosed at the age of 5 and a half.

Early! Take your age. Add a year or three and that was when I was diagnosed because even at a very young age I learned how to mask.
The downside of going through most of ones life without knowing is that I could have avoided so much stress had I known and I would have totally avoided severe mental burnouts which took years to revover from.

The plus side of not knowing was that I got to work on the railway for nine years, which is the longest lasting job that I ever had!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 12:07 am

yes masking early through threat of violence helped...somewhat....not with my family ...but. when you
grow up with a non verbal sister.. very few . people look very autistic compared to a non verbal person..
plus mum had enough on her hands already, without extra disable kidz...especially at a time when , it was consider embarrassing to have a child with any mental health problems.

where ever you go ,there you are