Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Owainrhonddacynontaff
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2024, 8:11 pm

any of you read comics (or manga) regularly?

What kinds do you like? Cape stuff (dc/marvel) indie?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2024, 8:13 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

I did a quick look. You wrote that you are a student and your interest includes, "Anime, Music, Reading, Art, Film, Fitness".

Fitness is a good trait for us. It allows us to recharge our internal batteries. If you get over stressed, exercise in my humble opinion helps to remove the stress and return your body back to its normal state.

The other thing that is also important is sleep. (good deep NREM and REM sleep each night). So make sure that your sleeping area is ideal to allow you good sleep each night.

ShwaggyD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2024, 7:09 pm

Greetings and welcome,

I enjoy the occasional comic but overall not much of a reader. When I do I'm a fan of Ritchie Rich, Hulk, and Spiderman. I am, however, a huge lifelong fan of animated TV. Young I loved Bugs Bunny, today I'm addicted to Rabbids and SpongeBob.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 7:52 pm

How I feel about comics? I think Hollywood has mined those franchises and been successful quite a few times. I think Marvel vs Capcom re-release looks badass and will buy it on switch when it comes out,

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 8:58 pm

I like some manga.
I don't really like superhero related stuff.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Owainrhonddacynontaff
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2024, 4:06 pm

enz wrote:
How I feel about comics? I think Hollywood has mined those franchises and been successful quite a few times. I think Marvel vs Capcom re-release looks badass and will buy it on switch when it comes out,

Agreed!! I love Marvel vs Capcom

Owainrhonddacynontaff
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2024, 4:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I like some manga.

Yeah? what's you're favorite Manga?

enz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 8:41 pm

Owainrhonddacynontaff wrote:
enz wrote:

Agreed!! I love Marvel vs Capcom

hehey its out in NZ ill play it tonight

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 8:00 am

ShwaggyD wrote:
Greetings and welcome,

I enjoy the occasional comic but overall not much of a reader. When I do I'm a fan of Ritchie Rich, Hulk, and Spiderman. I am, however, a huge lifelong fan of animated TV. Young I loved Bugs Bunny, today I'm addicted to Rabbids and SpongeBob.

When I was a young child they figured out that I had a problem reading, so they put me in special classes. These were strange classes and in my humble opinion did not provide me any benefits. But when I entered the first year of high school, they put me into a class called Speed Reading. The class was small, I may have been the only person in the class. They taught me a different approach into learning how to read. In this approach they did not teach me to start with the first letter in a paragraph but rather the most important word in a paragraph and then find the next most important word in the paragraph and then reassemble the paragraph from the inside out. This was a very strange way of learning how to read properly. But I took the course and after it was over, I could read the most complex books ever written and understand them. It allowed me to go to college and get a degree in nuclear physics. It was a very interesting course.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 8:47 am

Used to collect. Now I don't. Gave up collecting Barry Allen in the 80s when he "died". The book had been going down hill for a while, with writers who didn't know the history and bad art. Crisis came and the basically said "Wally is the Flash now" and I just gave up. I still like the original Barry books (comicbooks) and stories, and the fact that (unlike Superman) he made a go of marriage. I didn't like it when they killed off Iris, and I wrote a letter to the editor explaining how they could bring her back into the story. They published it in the letter column. They did some like what I suggested, brought back Iris (turned out she didn't die, she just "died"). Then they did Crisis and killed Barry. I gave up.

I am currently enjoying the CW Flash which I am watching on Apple TV. I basically decided that the Barry I liked has been permanently gone since the 80s even when they brought him back he wasn't the same guy. Different Writers, Different Editors, Different Artists, different world of readers and fans. Maybe I just don't need all the sex and violence and fantasy any more. But I still like some of the Marvel movies (the DC movies have been kind of poor). Really enjoyed season one of The Tick on Amazon. Have my old books in the attic, but haven't collected or bought new books for years. The previous tv Flash with John Wesley Ships was ok, but I wasn't ready for it when it was first broadcast. Iris wasn't Iris. Barry looked more like Wally and was kind of a mashup of both Barry and Wally. It was too much like the (then recent) Batman movie, and not enough like the Flash I liked. I watched it again a few decades later and liked it for what it was: a reimagining for tv. Still have my brain stuffed with all kinds of DC trivia (which they obsoleted with many many reboots or their multiverse). Used to want to be a comic book artist or animation guy, but now after several decades of being a computer guy I just like to see what others do, and still appreciate artists and story tellers and film makers and other creatives who are really good at what they do.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 10:02 am

Owainrhonddacynontaff wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I like some manga.

Yeah? what's you're favorite Manga?

Probably Initial D.

PVT. Runner, Wangan Midnight and a few slice-of-life mangas are also on my list.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2024, 10:16 pm

Welcome to WP :mrgreen: