Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

stratozyck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2024, 11:28 am

I am trying to move to a state where its legal because I need STRONG pot for me to be at my best. My performance evaluations went up at work when I started vaping THC/CBD because I stopped causing social problems.

The lower energy that people complain about is easily counteracted by drinking espresso.

stratozyck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2024, 11:29 am

bee33 wrote:
^I agree that's the most important issue.

I'm in favor of marijuana for people who enjoy it. I don't enjoy it myself because it only makes me more tired and I'm already chronically exhausted.

Drink espresso and that will go away. I love drinking espresso and smoking pot every morning before working. Have zero issues doing my job.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 3:59 pm

I was at the doctor's yesterday and I saw a sign warning people about kids getting cannabis poisoning. It showed a cartoon kid about to bite into what might have been an "adult" brownie.

Weed scares me. But then again so does nearly most other drugs that exist. Yes, it's a drug. Right now I have to take oral antibiotics for a low-grade inner ear infection, and I'm worried that it will destroy the good bacteria in my body. Although I haven't had any really bad side effects from taking them before.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 4:06 pm

Caffeine is a drug too, but for most people drugs like caffeine and pot have pretty manageable side-effects.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 4:10 pm

95 % of the symptoms of cannabis poisoning stoners call "being stoned"
The only real sign of poisoning is serotonin toxicity, which pretty much requires dabbing pure THC. (most likely alongside antidepressants)

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 4:46 pm

stratozyck wrote:
bee33 wrote:

I'm in favor of marijuana for people who enjoy it. I don't enjoy it myself because it only makes me more tired and I'm already chronically exhausted.

Drink espresso and that will go away. I love drinking espresso and smoking pot every morning before working. Have zero issues doing my job.
I don't drink coffee because I can't stand the taste, but caffeine only makes me feel wired and exhausted. It does nothing to counteract my chronic fatigue (I have ME/CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome). If I smoked pot and drank coffee I would be foggy, wired, and exhausted.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 5:04 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
It should be legalized for medical use federally. Where I live, I do not want it legalized for recreational use though, as too many constantly abuse it. Heavy usage does cause damage to the brain and I can plainly see it in students that I teach. I never touch the stuff, nor any other drug (including alcohol). My brain is too important to me to lose.

You can hate me, but that is where I stand on it.

You make a very very valid point here .. but with a caveat, that people after a certain age....might be legalized for..
Whereas a younger mind / demographic, may be seriously harmed by using it too early in life, at a time when your suppose to be learning basics of educationAnd brains are developing . imho . Exceptions made for special circumstances of Trauma, I think?
just a IMHO

where ever you go ,there you are

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 5:05 pm

Bee....I don't suppose you've tried Bupropion?

stratozyck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2024, 8:55 pm

bee33 wrote:
stratozyck wrote:
bee33 wrote:

I don't drink coffee because I can't stand the taste, but caffeine only makes me feel wired and exhausted. It does nothing to counteract my chronic fatigue (I have ME/CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome). If I smoked pot and drank coffee I would be foggy, wired, and exhausted.

Ok, fair point. I am also ADHD and drink loads of espresso instead of taking amphetamines or other stimulants. Stimulants actually calm me down and I am wired naturally. Funny how everyone's a bit different eh?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 7:59 am

Carbonhalo wrote:
Bee....I don't suppose you've tried Bupropion?
I did many years ago and it had a bad effect on me. I'm on a couple of medications now, and supplements. I'm not really sure if they help or not.

ChaosCascade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2024, 10:58 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
It should be legalized for medical use federally. Where I live, I do not want it legalized for recreational use though, as too many constantly abuse it. Heavy usage does cause damage to the brain and I can plainly see it in students that I teach. I never touch the stuff, nor any other drug (including alcohol). My brain is too important to me to lose.

You can hate me, but that is where I stand on it.

You can still abuse it when you have a card for medical cannabis. It solves nothing.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 11:49 am

from above
Ok, fair point. I am also ADHD and drink loads of espresso instead of taking amphetamines or other stimulants. Stimulants actually calm me down and I am wired naturally. Funny how everyone's a bit different eh?[/quote]

Yahoo... double cappucinos and quad macchiatos......wonder if this has been helping me masking my ADHD times
in my life ? sneak in a Lions Manes capsule supplement and some Cordyceps ,few grains of DMAE if available ..and alittle Taurine capsule . And very little burnout after the caffiene wears off.
( works for some ,not necessarily for all)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 12:49 pm

It's a good decongestant

stratozyck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2024, 9:14 pm

Jakki wrote:
from above
Ok, fair point. I am also ADHD and drink loads of espresso instead of taking amphetamines or other stimulants. Stimulants actually calm me down and I am wired naturally. Funny how everyone's a bit different eh?

Yahoo... double cappucinos and quad macchiatos......wonder if this has been helping me masking my ADHD times
in my life ? sneak in a Lions Manes capsule supplement and some Cordyceps ,few grains of DMAE if available ..and alittle Taurine capsule . And very little burnout after the caffiene wears off.
( works for some ,not necessarily for all)[/quote]

Yeah I first got an idea I might be ADHD when in college I did cocaine here and there - I did like $300-$400 worth over like 1 year not that much.

Anyways the dealer said "hey you ever notice when you do it, you almost fall asleep?"

I'm like, "doesn't it do that to everyone? I feel so relaxed on it."

Him: "no, everyone else is bouncing all over the place. You are ADHD"

So my initial diagnosis came from a drug dealer.

To be honest, I'd do cocaine again if it were cheap and have little worry I'd get addicted if I could drink it like they did in the 1800s. Amphetamines are addictive and thats what they might give to me as an adult.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 11:16 pm

stuff might take a toll on the rest of the nervous system..and leave a person alittle raw...and prone to anxiety from the wear off...am by no means advocating those things as a lifestyle , ... human body needs to recover from any type of stresses you put it through. And it took years to get my level of tolerance to caffiene . . . .
Even then good nutrition..is important to keep yourself healthy enough to get through the inbetween times.imho