Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 8:24 pm

Grapevine is the official method of communication @ Home Depot.

Instead of posting instructions on the wall of the lockerroom, the assistant managers tell one employee to tell the other employees to do something. It's like the game "Telephone". The employee might mishear or misunderstand it.

Precious lil "people" @ work do not write communication. Maybe they do not know how to read or write. One time, the head cashier told me to go to the training room for a meeting, I went there, and waited. No meeting. Finally, I told the assistant manager and he told me, meeting cancelled. That ret*d ass hole should've posted a note on the door. f**k assistant manager Javier!

Sometimes the assistant manager tells an employee to do something and to spread the word. For example, move the lumber carts to the front apron, instead of the corrals.

Last week, they had "pie a boss in the face" day. $20 to pie. Plenty of coworkers wasted $20, but I wasn't one of them. Some big spenders @ Home Depot: drive BMWs, five kids, three week Germany vacation, expensive clothes, ubereats. Some of them work two jobs, but their second jobs also minimum wage. Some of them married, but their spouses earn only about minimum wage.

Assistant Manager "DS", in the lockerroom, said "if you love me, you will not pie me. I am going to call in sick." DS is not a "team player". Plenty of job descriptions say "team player."

"Pie a boss in the face" day made me wonder about forgiveness. Holding a grudge wastes time and energy. Pieing a boss in the face costs $20 that could better be wasted on other things. Esp since, hours cut and costs skyrocketing, s**t. Except, when I (or anyone else) holds a grudge, *nobody* gets pied in the face. Holding a grudge feels good and self righteous in the short term, but not healthy in the long term. ("Thin line between love and hate.")

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 9:41 pm

plenty of examples of bad communication between the supervisors/managers and the regular employees. s**t.

one time, i found a cart with concrete in it, so i took it to Receiving and asked the Supervisor if I could just leave the cart there b/c i have a doctor's note that i am not allowed to lift over fifty pounds, and the Supervisor said "yes". then a couple minutes later, Lot Attendant Lazy Boy SU (who has since gotten made redundant), told me that Assistant Manager Dave (who has since quit), texted SU that the concrete goes in the garbage pile next to McDonalds, not in the compactor. Dave never texted me once in over four years (not that i want him to). Direct communication would've been to put a note on the compactor: do not put concrete in there. Put concrete in the garbage pile. Besides, SU wasn't the one that put the concrete there. Furthermore, the Supervisor told me that i could put the concrete there. f**k Lazy Boy SU. f**k Assistant Manager Dave. (rolls eyes)
__________________________________________________________________________________

and some bad communication between employees and customers

some customers do not speak English and no matter how justified what you told them, all they do is stare @ you in confusion and grunt "huh", "what" or "ha?", like they are the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me". some of them pay for cars and kids. how do they do it?

but mostly just employees making wrong assumptions about what actions and statements are polite and which are not. annoying how some ret*d ass holes keep bothering me to give them a cart, when there are carts all over the stupidass parking lot. besides, when i stop in the middle of the street to give them a car, i could get hit by a car.

off leash dogs

idiot customers barking @ me "up!" and "push", but I'm trying, you lil dipshits! (rolls eyes). maybe they think i am a lot stronger than i am.

f*****s have the nerve to touch me.