Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JohnnyMac73
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2024, 12:17 pm

Hi all, I just got my assessment back and I scored a 156 out of 240 on the RAADS-R test (72.2% on the autism percentile, clinically sgnificant). Does this correspond to an ASD-1? The assessment just indicates a positive presence of ASD, but not a level indicator. Does any one know how to better interpret these numbers? Thanks!! !

JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac

C.S. Lewis — 'When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.'

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2024, 3:16 pm

the numbers don't mean much, but if you get a written summary, it usually explains your worst struggles and your best strengths. If you did really well in some sections of testing and really poor in others, that is a classic sign of autism, which is "uneven neurological development" in nature. Once you understand your weaknesses you can find "work around" solutions for many of them, (self accommodation) You can change so many things to make your every day life easier and better. Using your best strengths takes advantages of the things that you do well, and it is reasonable that you would use your strengths as often as you can. Take your time, diagnosis puts everything we thought we knew or understood into a completely different perspective and it may take some time to sort your history, what you thought you knew, what you believed, etc from this new view of absolutely everything. You are definitely not alone!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2024, 4:33 pm

Another quick and easy way to get a good but unofficial indication as to whether you are Autistic is: AQ.