Sean "Diddy" Combs taken into federal custody in New York

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2024, 9:47 pm

CBS News

Quote:
Sean "Diddy" Combs has been taken into custody by federal authorities in New York, CBS News confirmed Monday night.

In recent months, the hip-hop mogul has faced multiple accusations of sexual abuse and physical violence. In March, Combs' homes in Los Angeles and Miami were raided by Homeland Security Investigations agents and other law enforcement officers due to a possible ongoing sex trafficking investigation, U.S. officials said at the time, but no charges were filed then.

Details of the charges against Combs on Monday were not immediately known. Homeland Security Investigations declined to comment.

Combs has faced a number of lawsuits in recent months involving allegations of sexual misconduct and violence. Combs and his representatives have denied all the accusations.

In May, Combs apologized for a security video aired by CNN that appeared to show him attacking the singer Cassie, whose legal name is Casandra Ventura, in a Los Angeles hotel hallway in 2016. He said his behavior was "inexcusable" and that he took "full responsibility" for his actions.

In November 2023, she filed a lawsuit accusing him rape and abuse during their relationship, He denied the accusations. They reached a settlement the following day.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2024, 11:27 pm

While accusations, investigations, charges, and arrest prove nothing, the future does not look good for Mr. Combs.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 10:38 am

NBC News Live Updates

Quote:
Music mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs was arrested yesterday at the Park Hyatt hotel on West 57th Street, a representative said.

In a federal indictment unsealed today, Combs was charged with racketeering, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution.

An attorney for Combs said today he plans to plead not guilty and "will fight this with all of his energy."

Combs allegedly used his powers to abuse, coerce and 'fulfill his sexual desires
The charges against Combs allege he "threatened and coerced women and others around him to fulfill his sexual desires" for years, federal prosecutors said.

Combs created "a criminal enterprise whose members and associates engaged in" various crimes, such as "sex trafficking, forced labor, kidnapping, arson, bribery and obstruction of justice," court documents said.

'Freak offs': Combs accused of forcing and recording sex acts
Federal prosecutors accused Combs of forcing victims into sex acts that he allegedly called "freak offs," acts which he recorded for his viewing pleasure.

Combs "used force" to "cause victims to engage in extended sex acts with male commercial sex workers that Combs arranged, directed, masturbated during and often electronically recorded," court documents charged.

The defendant called these acts his "freak offs," prosecutors said.

Drugs fueled dayslong 'freak offs,' videos used to 'ensure ... obedience,' prosecutors say
Sex abuse allegedly directed by Combs was fueled by drugs and often went days at a time, prosecutors said.

Victims were filled with drugs to control them for long stretches of time, authorities said, with participants “typically” having to get “IV fluids to recover from the physical exertion.”

And once victims were lured into this orbit, they were coerced to keep following the suspect's orders, prosecutors said.

Combs used "the sensitive, embarrassing and incriminating recordings that he made during Freak Offs as collateral to ensure the continued obedience and silence of the victims," according to court documents.

Combs allegedly punched and kicked his sex abuse victims
In addition to employing drugs and elements of his business enterprises to control victims, Combs also used physical violence to keep women in control, federal prosecutors said.

"On numerous occasions," Combs would assault women by "among other things, striking, punching, dragging, throwing objects at and kicking them," according to a three-count indictment against the music mogul.

In May of this year, Combs apologized for violent behavior after video surfaced of him beating his ex-girlfriend Cassie in 2016, matching the description of an incident she detailed in a lawsuit.

At the time he said that his “behavior on that video is inexcusable.”

Federal prosecutors seeking to seize assets
The U.S. government is seeking to recover significant financial assets from the famed music mogul through this prosecution, court documents revealed.

Combs could be on the hook for "any and all property, real and personal" and an undetermined "sum of money" involved in these alleged crimes, according to the indictment.

The court document did not specifically list any assets or amount of money it would be seeking to take from Combs.

Combs' business empire key to crimes, prosecutors say
At the height of his power, Combs was more than just a musician: He controlled a vast business empire — including record labels and alcohol and clothing brands — that made him a billionaire.

Now, prosecutors are alleging that Combs' commercial enterprise was a key component of his criminal enterprise. The mogul used his businesses and several of his employees "to carry out, facilitate, and cover up his abuse and commercial sex," according to the indictment unsealed this morning.

"Those employees — including security staff, household staff, personal assistants, and high-ranking supervisors — and other close associates acted as COMBS’ intermediaries, and their conduct was facilitated and assisted by COMBS’ control of the Combs Business," prosecutors added

1,000 bottles of baby oil, lubricants seized in raid of Combs' homes
Federal agents raided Combs' homes in Miami and Los Angeles in March and came away with supplies allegedly used in sexual assaults, court documents showed.

At the time of the raids, federal officials would only say they “executed law enforcement actions” in New York as part of an ongoing investigation, along with teams in Los Angeles and Miami.

In court papers made public today, government officials revealed that they took supplies Combs allegedly used in "Freak Off" sexual assaults.

Agents "seized various Freak Off supplies, including narcotics and more than 1,000 bottles of baby oil and lubricant."

Criminal acts date back to 2008, prosecutors say
The three-count indictment against Combs include alleged criminal acts going back 16 years, court documents said.

The racketeering count covers acts allegedly committed by the defendant starting in 2008, while sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution started in 2009, court papers showed.

Federal prosecutors want bail denied to keep Combs locked up until trial
The U.S. government doesn't want Combs released on bail, saying there's a "presumption of detention" in this case.

"So we will be seeking detention," U.S. Attorney Damian Williams told reporters. "There is a presumption of detention in a case like this, and we think that's warranted."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 11:05 am

They're pretty shocking charges. What terrible things for anyone to engage in.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 5:03 pm

Judge orders Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs sent to jail while he awaits sex trafficking trial

Quote:
Sean “Diddy” Combs, the spotlight-adoring music impresario who helped launch the careers of some of the biggest names in hip-hop and R&B, was denied bail and sent to jail Tuesday after being accused in a three-count federal indictment of having used his sprawling business empire to abuse, threaten and traffic women in order to “fulfill his sexual desires” and protect his reputation.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 2:05 pm

Sean 'Diddy' Combs hit with a wave of 120 new sexual assault allegations

Quote:
Sean “Diddy” Combs is facing dozens of new allegations of sexual assault in a series of civil lawsuits set to be filed.

At a press conference held on Tuesday, Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee said he is representing 120 accusers with allegations against the entertainment mogul that occurred over 20 years.

“We will expose the enablers who enabled this conduct behind closed doors. We will pursue this matter no matter who the evidence implicates,” Buzbee said during the press conference

Many powerful people ... many dirty secrets,” the lawyer said of the allegations. He added that his team has “collected pictures, video, texts.”

Buzbee added that the allegations will include: “violent sexual assault or rape, facilitated sex with a controlled substance, dissemination of video recordings, sexual abuse of minors.”

“It’s a long list already, but because of the nature of this case, we are going to make sure damn sure we are right before we do that," Buzbee continued. “These names will shock you.”

Buzbee said he’s had more than 3,000 individuals come forward to his office with accusations against Combs and that he plans to begin filing lawsuits in various states within the next 30 days. He added that they will name the other defendants at a later date.

Among this new group of accusers, Buzbee said, 62 % identify as African American, and they hail from more than 25 states, with the majority from New York, California, Georgia and Florida. Buzbee said that 25 of the accusers were minors at the time of the incidents occurring as early as 1991.

Since Ventura’s lawsuit, multiple other civil lawsuits have been filed against Combs — most recently one from Dawn Richard, a former member of the girl group Danity Kane who alleged that Combs groped, assaulted, imprisoned and threatened her life.

Combs has denied all claims against him, calling them “sickening allegations” from people looking for “a quick payday.”

Many of the lawsuits against Combs were filed in New York City, which has the Victims of Gender-Motivated Violence Protection Law allowing people to file lawsuits alleging sexual abuse even after the statute of limitations had passed.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 2:30 pm

Diddy's house had so much oil the US government invaded it.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2024, 3:45 am

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2024, 4:51 am

Current conspiracy doing the rounds on Joe Rogan is Diddy blackmailed somebody high up (a Biden or trump?) with a tape. the reality is his enterprise is no different to what Hugh Hefner was doing with 18 year olds. Except Hef was careful to hide his tapes after watching them for his own entertainment.