You either have the time and no money or money and no time

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Canadian Freedom Lover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2024, 4:02 am

"You either have the time and no money or money and no time"

This is something my Dad said while I was growing up that I never really got until I became an adult myself.

Today I was trying to explain to someone why I never traveled to Europe or really anywhere outside of the lower mainland (other than it not being a priority). I said to her that I just never got around to it. So she pressed on further asking me again for why I haven't traveled being that I was a young person with little to no precived responsibility? And so I said, "You either have the time and no money or money and no time".

Man are those words true in life. But the real b***h is that I found out in the past few years that there is yet a third of option, you can both have the money and the time but you don't have the energy to use either. I ran into this problem when I was working seasonal labor and would end up getting 3-4 months off during the winter. I didn't have enough money to take a trip to Hawaii but I certainly had enough to take a weekend vacation with a friend somewhere in the BC interior. But I never did because I needed that 4 months to recover from the burnot that I incurred over the past 6-8 months.

Well I guess the moral of the story is to get your kicks while you can when the energy, money, time trifecta all aline.