Is it worth to be "special needs student"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wrwrs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2024, 6:54 pm

I have Asperger and OCD. My main problems is huge lack of concentration - before exam and during exam. And problem with being on time with colloquim.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 10:37 pm

wrwrs wrote:
I have Asperger and OCD. My main problems is huge lack of concentration - before exam and during exam. And problem with being on time with colloquim.

It wasnt for me.I am in the same situation or worse situation than if I would have dropped out of high school since I am unemployable so all my education was for nothing.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 3:53 am

I was in special ED and I know that's not what I needed. My parents needed to pull me out of public school but then again, I don't think in the area I lived in there was any schools that would have made a difference. Back in the 90s no one knew what ASD was and I got the ADD label slapped on me.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 11:11 am

Special education is only as good as whoever is teaching it. Sometimes it's great and other times it's utter trash.

There is (or was) a foolproof method to earn at least a low A on any exam or quiz.

Make cards containing all possible information presented to you in any form in class, in a book, or in any other form on a subject. They have to provide you with something in writing, or at least a link to the video or whatever, if you ask.

Answer is on one side, definition is on the other.

Ex) Side one: Atom; Side two: basic building block of matter, composed of protons, neutrons, and electrons

Go through the stack of cards after you have just learned the lesson, again at some point, and a third time before you are expected to know it. Make a "know it" pile and a "don't know it" pile. Keep doing it until all cards are in the "know it" pile.

This method once worked in one night for a classmate of mine who previously earned straight Ds.