10 Oct 2024, 7:20 am

Israeli troops fire at 3 UNIFIL positions in southern Lebanon, U.N. source says

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-10-10/

They are also hiding ammunitions for Hezbollah apparently /sarcasm

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 8:05 pm

What exactly have the UN troops been doing there over the years? Have they accomplished anything worthwhile? If nothing else, would things have been any worse there without their presence?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 10:35 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
What exactly have the UN troops been doing there over the years? Have they accomplished anything worthwhile? If nothing else, would things have been any worse there without their presence?

If they weren't there, there would have been no request to move those posts beforehand.
There would have been no suspicion the area would be fired upon. Surprise !

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 12:38 am

It could have been expected...its looking like the IDF is being run by Nutters..imho...So why doesnt the UN declare its own War? ......I may not like Trump but he was talking like he wanted us out of the UN !
Suddenly based on lack of action on behalf of loss of human beings lives. It might have made some sense .?

where ever you go ,there you are

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 2:36 am

The new US strategy on the Lebanon conflict: Let it play out - Reuters, October 12, 2024:

Quote:
Summary:
- US drops calls for immediate ceasefire in Lebanon
- Change reflects desire to see Hezbollah weakened
- New strategy risks fueling broader war, say analysts

Of course. As usual, our government gives Israel a mild verbal spanking, but then rolls over and does what Israel wants.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 2:51 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Of course. As usual, our government gives Israel a mild verbal spanking, but then rolls over and does what Israel wants.

It reminds me a bit of how those parents with spoiled, out-of-control brats for kids try to discipline them.

We tried nothing and we're all out of ideas.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell