Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Is this company being unreasonable and/or discriminatory?
Yes 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Today, 2:57 am

Having had a look, the company seems to be targeted at employing people who need and benefit from extra support within the workplace. (I myself require no special conditions; I ask only for awareness.)

The 'compulsory guardian at interview' thing is still extremely unhealthy, particularly as it seems to be being used as an exclusionary device. If I'm to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, I'd guess that they aren't doing it on purpose - more that the founders conceived the idea as a good thing, but then delegated the actual implementation of it to some clown in Human Resources who has ended up discriminating against higher-functioning autistic people out of incompetence, rather than malice. In a corresponding neurotypical environment, they'd be the kind of people who would mandate that women wore skirts to interviews, and then not understand why they got called out on it.

Last edited by JamesW on 16 Oct 2024, 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Today, 3:07 am

Having said that, I'd like to hear from some of the autistic employees themselves, and it doesn't seem the company wants that. It seems to be all about parents, guardians, family.

Interview with the founder here: https://medium.com/authority-magazine/n ... ce75e41393 I don't get a good vibe from this - it's veering into Autism Speaks territory. Quote: 'After many years of intervention through the ABA program, Brian became a high-functioning autistic teenager.' In which case, why are we interviewing you, and not Brian?