Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 7:46 am

Two weeks ago, I predicted he would soon use the 'r' word against her: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ngNewsSerp

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump called Vice President Kamala Harris “ret*d” at a recent dinner in New York City, where he also railed against Jewish voters supporting her amid the White House race, according to a new report.
Someone should tell Donald, we (Americans) don't use the 'r' word anymore, especially not as a slur.

Last edited by CarlM on 13 Oct 2024, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 7:59 am

Funny, that's what Fred always called Donnie.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 8:23 pm

CarlM wrote:
Two weeks ago, I predicted he would soon use the 'r' word against her: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ngNewsSerp

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump called Vice President Kamala Harris “ret*d” at a recent dinner in New York City, where he also railed against Jewish voters supporting her amid the White House race, according to a new report.
Someone should tell Donald, we (Americans) don't use the 'r' word anymore, especially not as a slur.

Yes, a lot of people have stopped using the word but I still often hear and read that word being used as a slur. But even back in the day, it was never used in formal settings, never mind in public by a presidential candidate.

No matter what you call it, that perception of her is a real problem for her campaign.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:21 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
No matter what you call it, that perception of her is a real problem for her campaign.

Should be easy to refute.

She attended the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco. Not quite Ivy League but certainly close.

She was Attorney General of California (2011–2017). This means she must have been licensed to practice law in California, which means she must have managed to pass the California state bar exam, which is notoriously one of the hardest state bar exams in the country.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 3:35 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Should be easy to refute.

She attended the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco. Not quite Ivy League but certainly close.

She was Attorney General of California (2011–2017). This means she must have been licensed to practice law in California, which means she must have managed to pass the California state bar exam, which is notoriously one of the hardest state bar exams in the country.

Perception is what counts. "Word Salad" is the euphemism often being used. Yes, sexism and racism are factors.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman