Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:42 pm

carlos55 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
Giving my 2 cents opinion I would have thought SBS is really something that happens to young babies rather than walking toddlers that don’t cry in their cots every minute leading to exhausted parents shaking the child out of anger.

Of course the child could have had early autism themselves causing them to exhibit more distressed behaviour.

Then again the father could just be a monster who abused and killed his child and invented the autism symptoms for a more lenient sentence.

I suspect it’s quite easy to fake autism in prison as an adult there’s not exactly any biological markers just a tick sheet questions and observation.

Prisoners used to fake madness which is tricky over a long time, as it’s probably easy to catch fakers out after a while, but hf autism is probably a walk in the park by comparison.

But they're always caught but then junk science is also used like how is a inmate faking a intellectual impairment for example when their school records show it and their medical history records? Were they always faking it since childhood? No one keeps up this charade long.

ID can be unproved easily by checking education records, madness too, for a person to be mad they have to be locked in psychosis i.e the Martians are coming.

A clever psychiatrist would simply trick & test the subject into revealing that he was in the real world not locked in another.

So madness is difficult to fake for this reason with the faker accidently slipping up by entering the real world then quickly disappearing into fake madness.

There isnt much challenges with hf autism, if even tic tokers have done it even self diagnosing then revealing later they had something else.

I'm sure a prisoner facing death could do it

Sigh, not this nonsense again. It's virtually impossible to get off the hook due to insanity, it's tried in less than 1% of all cases just because of how hard it is to get accepted.It's not enough to be mentally ill, it only applies if you specific conditions related to not knowing it was wrong apply. In other words, being mentally ill at most might get you life in prison rather than the death penalty, it's highly unlikely to result being committed to an asylum. Even if you are found to be not guilty by reason of insanity, you don't just get to walk away, you're commonly sent to a psychiatric hospital until whatever time the psychiatrists deem you to be ready to return to society. John Hinckley Jr., shot and nearly killed Reagan in 1981, and he was only released in 2016 with supervision.

As for the autism bit, he's under supervision 24 hours a day and whatever traits had been missed were probably more apparent as prison is extremely stressful and overstimulating for most people. This whole bit about HF not being much of a challenge is absolute bunk. I wish you'd stop making comments about what that's like as you're not exactly the most open minded type on the subject. It's hardly easy.

The diagnosis is mostly relevant in terms of it not being constitutional to execute the developmentally disabled and issues related to the fairness of the trial that he was convicted at.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 1:59 am

I never meant get off as in walk free rather get off from the death penalty.

Quote:
. The diagnosis is mostly relevant in terms of it not being constitutional to execute the developmentally disabled

You kind of answered the question why someone would have a strong motivation to fake autism

- George Bernie Shaw

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:16 am

Quote:
The diagnosis is mostly relevant in terms of it not being constitutional to execute the developmentally disabled
Ah, but IS he "Developmentally Disabled"?

And who says so?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 7:53 am

Remember a well known highly publicised news event that happened in the 90’s

A British teenager went to US on a gap year to work as an au pare looking after a US family baby.

The child died she was accused of SBS and there was a big trial and international interest.

Think she got off in the end but remember an animated lawyer standing in court shaking an invisible baby showing what they were accusing her of.

It all seemed unlikely and not really plausible at the time.

It’s probably happened a few times but seems more like the psychiatric and child protection services latching onto some theory thats most often not true.

I’m not referring to child abuse here just SBS if he bashed her up in different ways he deserves to be punished severely whatever he’s been diagnosed with.

- George Bernie Shaw