Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2024, 12:48 am

Fenn wrote:
Ricardo Montalban was great, but somehow he didn't really recreate his original character. Shatner was Shatner.

The battle scenes in Wrath of Khan are so intense because they mix strategy with emotion. Watching Kirk and Khan outsmart each other in the Mutara Nebula, with the slow-paced, submarine-like combat, adds a whole new layer of tension. It's not just about firepower, but who can think two steps ahead - such a great balance of action and suspense!

I agree Fenn! I loved Ricardo Montalban in the original "Space Seed" episode in the Original Series. He seemed really formidable. I did hear Wrath of Khan drew a lot of inspiration from submarine combat!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 10:06 pm

A couple of favorite clips of Mr. Data. From a great TNG episode "Brothers". Always thought these parts were cool.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 7:54 am

“Another thing Data learns is friendship. Though he’s a good ally to everyone on the crew, his best friend is Chief engineer is Geordi La Forgett. Their friendship was one of the best things to watch in the seasons and films and Geordi treated Data like everybody else. What I liked here is that Geordi didn’t care that Data was an android and treated him like a human and helped him to learn more about being human. I saw this in my own life as many people I’ve met, whether it’s through work or school all treated me like everyone else, regardless of my spectrum and the way I do and see things.”

Read more:

https://dramasportslifeandwriting.wordp ... star-trek/

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 9:36 am

Fenn wrote:
“Another thing Data learns is friendship. Though he’s a good ally to everyone on the crew, his best friend is Chief engineer is Geordi La Forgett. Their friendship was one of the best things to watch in the seasons and films and Geordi treated Data like everybody else. What I liked here is that Geordi didn’t care that Data was an android and treated him like a human and helped him to learn more about being human. I saw this in my own life as many people I’ve met, whether it’s through work or school all treated me like everyone else, regardless of my spectrum and the way I do and see things.”

Read more:

https://dramasportslifeandwriting.wordp ... star-trek/

Great article! I absolutely agree about Geordi! Their friendship was always heart warming to watch. That's heart warming to hear too how the author saw this in his own life as well. I think I can safely say I've seen this too in my own life for the most part. I was always treated the same at work and was at school for the most part. I think that's because maybe I masked alot or was just known as "the quiet kid" maybe. I relate though so much to Data's story and that's why I love his character. Brent Spiner did an excellent job. :)

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 8:56 pm

Love this scene between Kirk and Picard in Star Trek: Generations. Great movie and has good life messages in it.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 9:01 pm

Another good "career" and "life" message from Star Trek: The Next Generation in a episode called "Tapestry".

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:21 pm