Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Anakili83
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2024, 7:54 pm

I grew my hair out into a powerful mane! I grew up forced to cut it, hated the look, hated the barber over sensory and being touched. I control every strand. Just a happy rant

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2024, 8:53 pm

I'm glad to hear this. Good for you!

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2024, 9:05 pm

I think my last haircut was from my GF in 1984.
It started turning white at age 28.
It was pretty fine as brown, but now that it's basically transparent it is so fine that I end up breathing it if I cough, but I'm not cutting it.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:11 pm

I stopped having my hair cut about six years ago. Now I just trim off the split ends.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:29 pm

The right for men to have long hair was a big issue with me back in the day. Pro-establishment control freaks tried to dictate my hair length. And I too had sensory issues with barbers. So I delighted in rebelling, and spent a few years with shoulder-length hair. It was a political stand.

But, as John Lennon eventually remarked, the freedom to have long hair didn't change anything politically, all it meant was that some guys had long hair.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 8:54 pm

BTDT, I'm the same. My hair is now halfway down my back. Last week I cut off a significant amount of split ends.

I also cut my fringe (bangs) and it looks fine. My hair has darkened over the years from a bright auburn to a reddish brown. I have no idea why.