My neighbors Phil and Anita found love easily

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Should my neighbors Phil and Anita come to my wedding?
Yes!! ! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
NO!! ! 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Maybe? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 3:51 am

I swear their love story was handed to them with a golden spoon!! !

They knew each other as kids and then reconnected as adults, started dating then got married and had children

Meanwhile for the rest of us romance-seekers our journey has been hard and LONG!

Because of that I feel a true sense of accomplishment with reaching my marriage goal since I put in a lot of blood, sweat & tears in order to reach this point

Is it bad that I want to see my neighbors' marriage be destroyed as a result of them not putting in the REAL EFFORT needed in order to get there?

Anita even had the gall to give me love advice back when I was single but she has NO IDEA what's it's like to be Autistic and struggling with the process of creating a romantic relationship!! !

Well...I did it though

I am on track to get married now!

They said they want to come to my wedding but maybe I shouldn't invite them?

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!! !

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:03 am

I'm not sure why you feel resentful of your neighbours.
They seem like they are just living their lives.
It's not their fault how their story played out.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:20 am

Raleigh wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel resentful of your neighbours.
They seem like they are just living their lives.
It's not their fault how their story played out.

It isn't that I feel "resentful" of them as much as I HATE how easy it was for them to find love!! ! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Even worse, Anita actually tried to steer me away from marriage by comparing me to cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants by saying that SpongeBob is not married but has friends who care about him so basically she was saying for me to drop the whole "getting married" thing because I am not capable of being in love or a long-term romantic relationship because of my disability!

She is NT and has no idea what it is like to be ND!! !

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:56 am

Your attitude toward your neighbors sounds very childish and immature, and also not very nice at all. Maybe she was making a valid point when she was suggesting that you might not be ready for marriage, and she was trying to use Spongebob as an example you might relate to, of someone who is able to live well without being married (yet).

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:07 am

bee33 wrote:
Your attitude toward your neighbors sounds very childish and immature, and also not very nice at all. Maybe she was making a valid point when she was suggesting that you might not be ready for marriage, and she was trying to use Spongebob as an example you might relate to, of someone who is able to live well without being married (yet).

You are right but how would she know what my true readiness level is for marriage?

Only I can determine that, correct?

I don't even think Anita is aware that SpongeBob (the character) is Autistic

Here is what she actually said regarding SpongeBob SquarePants:

"Sara. You are wonderful and YOU are great, and liked and loved just the way you are! SpongeBob is not married, but he has others who CARE about him Just like you, me, Phil, Mason, Jack, Debbie, Glen and Maureen we all love and care about you."

Then she said she was NOT comparing me to a fictional character and if I relate to him I should be content with just having friends in place of a romantic relationship!! !

It is obvious that she has no real confidence in me succeeding with my goal :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited by Mikurotoro92 on 20 Oct 2024, 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:54 am

I'm happy for people when they succeed.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

7 minutes ago

I like how your neighbour seems to know you quite well

I think it'd be a nice gesture to invite them to your wedding

I think you've done really well to find love BTW and you are very lucky