Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

vanessaaimee
Butterfly
Butterfly

Yesterday, 1:20 pm

Hi. I wonder if any of you know your Myers Briggs Personality type? From what I understand, INTJ and INFJ are the most likely types occurring in ASD.

I'm recently diagnosed ASD as a 47 year old female. I have two personality types that I can routinely and reliably come up with when I take the test. This is what I've figure out:
My masked personae is INFP, the Mediator, the Dreamer the Optimist the healer who lives through her heart connection with the world. My masking endurance began to slip about 8 years ago and I began having lots of melt downs and anxieties. I couldn't put my finger on why something was so wrong in my world-I still function successfully according to society's standards, but it would come at more and more of a cost. Lots of alone time in quiet dimly lit rooms became necessary for me. Absolutely no desire for social connections outside my work. As I come to know my true self, I realize how at odds with my true self my mask it actually is.

When I take the MBTI without trying to be shove myself into that Healer Mystic archetype box that has served me so well in my successful career as an acupuncturist, when I take it just how I am without all the fluff I've conjured up, I come up with INTJ, the Rational Linear Architect who views emotions as an obstacle and is quite introverted.

My mask is the butterfly heart centered mystic, my true self wants to draw patterns and not be disturbed.

I'd love to hear your stories.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:28 pm

I have a clear INTJ preference. The "I" and "T" are very clear preferences.

You might find this thread interesting: viewtopic.php?t=4421

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 10:49 am

I underwent this type of testing around 40 years ago and was identified as INTJ. I attribute this to why I function very differently then most people. I consider it to be a great strength.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:56 pm

vanessaaimee wrote:
Hi. I wonder if any of you know your Myers Briggs Personality type? From what I understand, INTJ and INFJ are the most likely types occurring in ASD.

I'm recently diagnosed ASD as a 47 year old female. I have two personality types that I can routinely and reliably come up with when I take the test. This is what I've figure out:
My masked personae is INFP, the Mediator, the Dreamer the Optimist the healer who lives through her heart connection with the world. My masking endurance began to slip about 8 years ago and I began having lots of melt downs and anxieties. I couldn't put my finger on why something was so wrong in my world-I still function successfully according to society's standards, but it would come at more and more of a cost. Lots of alone time in quiet dimly lit rooms became necessary for me. Absolutely no desire for social connections outside my work. As I come to know my true self, I realize how at odds with my true self my mask it actually is.

When I take the MBTI without trying to be shove myself into that Healer Mystic archetype box that has served me so well in my successful career as an acupuncturist, when I take it just how I am without all the fluff I've conjured up, I come up with INTJ, the Rational Linear Architect who views emotions as an obstacle and is quite introverted.

My mask is the butterfly heart centered mystic, my true self wants to draw patterns and not be disturbed.

I'd love to hear your stories.

I understand that in China, surgeons operate without anethesia, just using acupuncture for the pain. I think it works no matter the personality of the acupuncturist. It works because of our biology. You will know much more about this than I do.

If I recall, INTJ is my designation. I do view emotions as an obstacle to reasoning. My best thinking is without emotions. When I make mistakes, it is because emotions are involved. I like to visualize rising above, above the body and mind, and above the world, and observing myself and others as so many chess pieces, and making decisions about how to proceed in this body that is in the world, like a chess piece.