Meaningful Quotes and Passages from Books

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:43 pm

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Isaac Asimov

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 10:37 am

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”

“I don't want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death!"

"I want to go on living even after my death! And therefore I am grateful to God for this gift, this possibility of developing myself and of writing, of expressing all that is in me. I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear; my courage is reborn. But, and that is the great question, will I ever be able to write anything great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer?”

― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:20 pm

“And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.
I would not change it.”

— Shakespeare, As You Like It

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:46 pm

I have 2 quotes for today... Both Philip K. Dick

"My schedule for today lists a six-hour self-accusatory depression."

"There will come a time when it isn't 'They're spying on me through my phone' anymore. Eventually, it will be 'My phone is spying on me'."
- written 50 years ago.