Do you have comfort objects or places?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2024, 7:46 pm

Yea. My journal, love to write and read what I wrote. I like certain sweaters a lot. I'll wear them out.

darkcirclecentral
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Yesterday, 1:58 pm

Honestly, if I think about getting rid of something due to clutter, it suddenly becomes a comfort item lol. I have a lot of old plush toys I would die without. I find a lot of comfort in the things I use everyday: my hairbrush, my water bottle, my car, my bedroom, my eye mask, etc. etc. Doctor Who is my comfort show, and I get attached to different eras of the show at different times. I recently found out my grandma's house is a comfort place after I visited for first time in a decade. I haven't felt that much amount of peace in a while. It's incredibly easy for me to get emotionally attached to just about anything.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Yesterday, 6:18 pm

I've debated this internally as to weather it classifies as a comfort item.
I consider my mobile phone to be a comfort item, and the world of literature to be my comfort place through ebooks.
I'm not a social media addict, nor do I play mobile games. But when I am anxious, stressed or even just bored I feel myself reaching for the phone to read a page or 2 of my current novel.
I too suffer the issue of not getting attached to items like stuffies or rugs. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing it just means we have to seek out more useful comforts for sanity.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:49 pm

I definitely have comfort places. Heck I'm the type of person who is disappointed when their favourite bench gets removed.

This might sound a bit sad but I really like open communal spaces where people just exist together. I struggle to work when I'm alone. Especially getting started. I don’t like complete quiet. Places with soft lighting where people just get on with their own tasks around me and casually chat amongst themselves are the best. It makes me feel relaxed and more motivated. Sometimes I put on 'General office sounds' when working from home.

As for a comfort item; I have a small basketball that I like to toss around when thinking of ideas. Makes me less likely to wander off from my desk all the time. Or I might have a scrap of paper handy to doodle a little as I think. However, regular scheduled breaks are usually the best solution.

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 1:58 am

My room actually, laying in the dark on this soft blanket I really like. This is what I do after a meltdown