Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ursula
Butterfly
Butterfly

Today, 1:51 pm

Throughout my life I've battled to assert myself, I know asd does this but I need to clarify with others as to how much PTSD affects you. I'm still to this day amazed at how people put best foot forward without having much to offer, is this PTSD or ASD.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 3:02 pm

It's PTSD if it's your beliefs and relationship dynamics ingrained into you, fear and stress based reactions and triggers interfering your socialization.

It's ASD if it's only because of your not well developed emotional, social skills, anything directly related to executive dysfunction or communication issues or any of the combination of.

Mine is largely communication.
Verbal language communication.
Because it's my weaknesses.

No amount of practice, lack of social anxiety, confidence, the whole psych bit and taking over the room by grabbing everyone's attention and command their respect could actually replace the eloquence, enunciations and actually able to word whatever point one is trying to out across.

If you're able to make do with misunderstandings without batting an eye even while having sensory pains, definately not socially induced PTSD.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 3:08 pm

Might it be both?

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell