lawmakers trying to ban abortion pills, because minors.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2024, 1:55 am

Basically trying to argue that abortion pills should be banned to keep up the teenage pregnancy rate. Because with less teen births the population amount may decline. So their argument is abortion pills should be kept out of the state so more teens will have babies...? What in the backwards acrobatics is that? But yeah folks that is what we are dealing with in the U.S.A land of the free. LIke a couple of states are suing for that reason that abortion pills would reduce teen pregnancy and thus they are arguing abortion pills cheats them out of their population growing.

So please vote Kamala because she will protect womens heathcare and not try to keep teens pregnant.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2024, 2:54 pm

But MAP Walsh says the problem isn't teenage pregnancy, it's unwed pregnancy. :evil:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2024, 4:37 pm

Hmmmm... If a population decline is not wanted (probably bad for business, and taxes) and the current elderly U.S. population isn't having enough babies, is there any other way to increase the population???

:roll: Like maybe facilitating and encouraging immigration?

Aero_T
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2024, 3:27 am

It seems we are talking about the US which is extremely backwards on women's rights and especially on maternity rights.

If a country wants to encourage women to have more children then they need to make laws that make it attractive to women to have children, not to compel women into unwanted pregnancies.

Maternity leave, child benefits, parental leave state pension provision for mothers etc

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:45 pm

Teenagers shouldn't have sex, I never thought about sex when I was a teenager.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:50 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

8O
You delayed puberty until 20?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:54 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

Fair enough, but they do.....so they should be aware of contraceptives and girls should have access to abortion if they get pregnant and don't want to continue the pregnancy.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:56 am

Project 25's explicit aim is to end what they call "recreational sex". (i.e. any sexual act that does not result in procreation).

They think abortion, contraception and IVF are just excuses to be promiscuous. When they demonstrate in front of abortion clinics, their "prayers" consist exclusively of calling people whores and sluts, or saying the patients "shoulda kept their legs closed"--without even considering that they may have been raped, or that childbirth could have life-threatening side effects.

If they can't explicitly ban non-marital, non-procreational sex, they are hoping that those who can't have/don't want kids will abstain from sex completely.

They're trying to cram purity culture down everybody's throats. We should be *dismantling* purity culture, not making it the law of the land.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!