Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2024, 9:43 pm

hi, I'm wondering if any audio peeps can advise me--I used to buy individual songs from services like Google Play and Samsung music, just to listen to on my phone. this is no longer available and I'm hoping to find a similar app.

I don't know about apps like Spotify because I just want to buy specific songs to listen to over and over again instead of a selection of similar songs. I also don't like the idea of a monthly fee, ideally I'd just pay once for the song. Google Play recommended switching to YouTube music but I'm not sure this is a good option either.

thanks for any ideas!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2024, 6:43 pm

I usually use iTunes and Amazon Music.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2024, 8:18 pm

Download or use an online YouTube to MP3 converter

zee
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 8:05 pm

thank you both for the advice! I have only android devices so I don't know if iTunes is an option? I refuse to give money to Amazon. I think I will try the YouTube converting thing. 8)

jamie0.0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Today, 12:01 am

zee wrote:
hi, I'm wondering if any audio peeps can advise me--I used to buy individual songs from services like Google Play and Samsung music, just to listen to on my phone. this is no longer available and I'm hoping to find a similar app.

I don't know about apps like Spotify because I just want to buy specific songs to listen to over and over again instead of a selection of similar songs. I also don't like the idea of a monthly fee, ideally I'd just pay once for the song. Google Play recommended switching to YouTube music but I'm not sure this is a good option either.

thanks for any ideas!

Be careful using mp3 ripping software for youtube, it may be in breach of website terms of service. Though like you mentioned, the other legitimate ways of buying music has disappeared and it seems google is bent on not letting you own music in digital form. I think you'd have the higher moral ground should you choose to use such an application

I do have a question. What happened to your google play music library when the app got discontinued?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:25 am

Ezmp3.cc
Free (donation)... Let them worry about terms of service

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:32 am

zee wrote:

thanks for any ideas!

I mean I like spotify because then you can listen to multiple songs you love over and over, (if you pay the subscription, but yeah the free verson does not give as many options to choose your music). and its like 16 dollars a month. That said I think a lot of music can be downloaded for a fee, or you can get a physical copy...weirdly CD's are falling out of favor but Vinyls have actually gained attention....so you could get a vinyl record of a band you like, but won't work unless you have record player so if you go that route you have to get a record player.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 7:10 am

A lot of the websites that convert YouTube music videos into mp3 format are riddled with spyware.

You can also use reputable programs that work with Windows to convert music from external websites such as YouTube. I think that is your safest bet.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 11:24 am

I just buy CDs =X
I'm not usually a "one song at a time" kind of guy, but there's always compilation albums I suppose?