Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Today, 1:56 pm

I was curious is it an Aspie issue that I am getting very stressed and anxiety ridden, with my aunt staying with us for 6 months out of the year? I just feel as if I can't move around well, have to fix my life around her, no privacy in my kitchen or house for that matter, even to shower or use bathroom. I get out of shower with towel around me, and for example she is on almost constantly a FaceTime Call with the rest of my family or ''Group Chat''. I feel that possibly I have other mental health issues? because my family enjoys or doesn't mind being together constantly, and meanwhile for me it affects my mind, body, and ''other areas'', even my father gets annoyed and says about his nephew has to have ''his mommy'' around, living with him in Arizona for 6 months. I get concerned because on the other hand I don't mind being with my dog always, or a female friend when I see her, yet feel a lot of privacy invasion or intrusive with my home life.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:28 pm

Aet1985 wrote:
I was curious is it an Aspie issue that I am getting very stressed and anxiety ridden, with my aunt staying with us for 6 months out of the year? I just feel as if I can't move around well, have to fix my life around her, no privacy in my kitchen or house for that matter, even to shower or use bathroom. I get out of shower with towel around me, and for example she is on almost constantly a FaceTime Call with the rest of my family or ''Group Chat''. I feel that possibly I have other mental health issues? because my family enjoys or doesn't mind being together constantly, and meanwhile for me it affects my mind, body, and ''other areas'', even my father gets annoyed and says about his nephew has to have ''his mommy'' around, living with him in Arizona for 6 months. I get concerned because on the other hand I don't mind being with my dog always, or a female friend when I see her, yet feel a lot of privacy invasion or intrusive with my home life.

No this is something anyone would feel with someone staying with them for 6 months, that is a long time. That would get on my nerves for sure. That is why I do not invite anyone to stay as a roommate, I like being alone, a lot. But I do not think this is an Aspie / NT divide, I think even NT would get tired of 6 months of constant presence of someone, unless they are just incredibly wonderful and charming, or else unobtrusive and quiet.

Ursula
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Today, 6:12 pm

Can't even live with boyfriend, have tolerated flat mates but move often to avoid fights.