Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2024, 7:12 pm

What kind of new things do you want to try, but have not done because of time, $$, energy, or any other reason?
ie skydiving

What new things would you like to learn?
ie didjeridoo

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:49 am

Because of my chronic fatigue, I've had to give up on doing even fairly mundane things like taking a trip or going on a hike, or even going out to events here in town except occasionally, so I don't hold out hope of trying new things. I'm trying to be okay with that. And I somewhat am okay with it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:07 pm

I'm more geared up to the same old stuff than to completely new experiences, but I get bored doing anything twice in exactly the same way, so for example I wouldn't much enjoy recording an album of very similar songs, I prefer to move on a bit with every recording.

I'm sure there are great benefits to new experiences, but in my experience life usually forces me into them, so I don't need to go looking for them. And it can be very stressful. I've always somehow managed to cope when I've been severely knocked out of my routine, but it's certainly given me moments of anger, frustration, and complete and utter despondency. Last time it happened, I spent several minutes saying "There's no way out, I'm finished, I'm dead." I don't get like that very often. I recovered and went kind of manic, then went despondent again, then manic, and eventually stabilised. So I guess new experiences shouldn't be too extreme.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:19 pm

Many of the things related to my special interest in dogs tbh. Lots of the stuff I wanted to try was barred by virtue of me being a minor and having limited funds and transportation

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD