Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2024, 7:12 pm

What kind of new things do you want to try, but have not done because of time, $$, energy, or any other reason?
ie skydiving

What new things would you like to learn?
ie didjeridoo

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2024, 12:49 am

Because of my chronic fatigue, I've had to give up on doing even fairly mundane things like taking a trip or going on a hike, or even going out to events here in town except occasionally, so I don't hold out hope of trying new things. I'm trying to be okay with that. And I somewhat am okay with it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2024, 12:07 pm

I'm more geared up to the same old stuff than to completely new experiences, but I get bored doing anything twice in exactly the same way, so for example I wouldn't much enjoy recording an album of very similar songs, I prefer to move on a bit with every recording.

I'm sure there are great benefits to new experiences, but in my experience life usually forces me into them, so I don't need to go looking for them. And it can be very stressful. I've always somehow managed to cope when I've been severely knocked out of my routine, but it's certainly given me moments of anger, frustration, and complete and utter despondency. Last time it happened, I spent several minutes saying "There's no way out, I'm finished, I'm dead." I don't get like that very often. I recovered and went kind of manic, then went despondent again, then manic, and eventually stabilised. So I guess new experiences shouldn't be too extreme.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2024, 12:19 pm

Many of the things related to my special interest in dogs tbh. Lots of the stuff I wanted to try was barred by virtue of me being a minor and having limited funds and transportation

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2024, 5:25 pm

I would love to do more travelling and see interesting places.
But can't really do it due to marginal health and limited free time and funds.
I get to travel a bit as part of my work which is nice but only around north Queensland region where I live.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2024, 5:46 pm

I'd like to try an arrive and drive, a lot of Champ Car, Lucky Dog Series, Lemons Series, etc teams offer packages to help fund their team.

A 15 months ago I'd have said hockey, but I then I made it happen. 8)

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

jubilleons
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2024, 5:51 pm

I want to go to trade school and get my CDL so I can become a trucker

Dylan the autist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Yesterday, 6:13 pm

Drawing & Animation - it's too large an enterprise to pursue while studying and putting my energy into learning instruments and music production but If I could duplicate myself I would have my doppelgänger learn animation to be able to collaborate with it to make music for animation.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:02 pm

jubilleons wrote:
I want to go to trade school and get my CDL so I can become a trucker

Welcome to Wrong Planet jubilleons...best wishes on the CDL

where ever you go ,there you are