new today so glad to have found this forum

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

blizzard09
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Yesterday, 3:54 pm

Hello, world! So glad for this forum and for all of you here. I may be fairly quiet and read a lot, and please know that I appreciate you all for posting, I cannot tell you how relieved I feel to (perhaps/hopefully) to have found a tribe I can relate to. (almost in tears actually for the relief I feel, yes, I am a cryer, lol)

I have been watching videos about autism/adhd and have self diagnosed

I just exited my 4th domestic violence situation and have searched all my life as to why I am often rejected by many people, and attract abusers. When one video shared characteristics of being neuro-divergent, my whole self was like "THATS ME!"

I am mid-life and to learn these things about myself is both relieving and also frustrating (that my whole life could have been much different perhaps had I KNOWN)

I am thankful to be safe, and working my way back to independence, though it is a SLOW process. The friends that I had seem to be so tired of my continuous traumas in my life, all but one still contacts me... I had a handful and when they found out that I was near-homeless they seem to have disappeared, and I feel SO ISOLATED. Making friends is so hard for me, and I had found some good ones for a while, despite my marriage partners all being of the narcissist-type. Now I understand that I trust too easily.

I researched the parasympathetic nervous system and how to activate it... I was smoking cigarettes to manage the anxiety but want to be healthier so I am learning things like chewing gum and stretching, etc helps...

Thank you if you read this far. There seems to be so little (that I have found) ways to find support and meet other non NT people... so I am so very thankful to even be able to read things on here.

So hello, and I hope to participate more but will spend a lot of time reading past posts. I hope each on here is well, that you find solace in the midst of this "wrong planet" (I ALWAYS felt that I did not belong here, lol...)

blizzard09

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 5:02 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! I hope you enjoy it here.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

exec
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Yesterday, 5:02 pm

Welcome and I hope you find the forum helpful - I'm also new. Good luck and take good care.

exec
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Yesterday, 5:19 pm

Its OK to cry......

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 5:58 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it helpful.

Note that an Autism Spectrum diagnosis is not required to be here, nor any other Neurodiversity diagnosis. However, if you are personally curious there is an easy online quiz to unofficially check yourself for signs of Autism: AQ.

I do have one request, however... I am allergic to cigarette smoke (an unofficial diagnosis from my bride, but it's consistent with how my eyes turn red), :wink: so if you still do any smoking please open a window whenever you find yourself in the same WP thread as me. And if you've given up smoking: CONGRATULATIONS!

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:33 pm

Hi Blizzard... welcome aboard.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:22 pm

welcome to Wrong Planet

where ever you go ,there you are

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:59 am

Welcome to WP!

blizzard09
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Today, 5:36 am

Thank you for your welcomes and try hummingbird, crying I learned does actually help tap into the parasymp. Nerv. Sys. For my ADHD calm downs :) And double retired, ty, and lol I never try to blow smoke at anyone...literally or figuratively... And ty, I had to quit cigs bc of my situation, (0 money) and it wasn't as bad as i 'd feared it might be!! Ty all hope everyone has peace and even laughter today...watching funny animal videos makes me laugh...I heard that laughter is healing, so been trying it, :)

blizzard09
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Today, 5:38 am

Hummingbird, meant Thank You not try.. Lol not my computer... But then typos always happen for me :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 10:16 am

blizzard09 Welcome to Wrong Planet

I am sorry that life has treated you so cruel. I hope you find the rest of your journey through life will ease your pain and give you joy.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 minutes ago

I've never been a smoker (like I said, my body really dislikes tobacco smoke) but, from what I've seen, sometimes it's just something to do to fill time. Sooooo...blizzard09, I suspect you might really like WP. (It's not all to fill time...sometimes it is providing information to newly diagnosed people, or to people who need it, or to people interested in a topic...but there are certainly also some harmless/fun ways to fill time here!)