Are you still close to your former partner(s)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2024, 11:28 pm

For me, once someone has been a big part of my life, they always are, even if I don't see them. I've had two long term partners. One of them died, so I can't be close to him but he's still very important to me. My other partner stayed my friend for 40 years until he hurt me very badly about two and a half years ago, but he still means everything to me and I've been begging and pleading with him to be a part of my life. We mostly communicate by email almost every day but that's not nearly enough for me.

Have you remained close or friendly with past partners?

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2024, 1:18 am

I have an ex-boyfriend named Robbie who I stay in contact with

And another ex named Dustin but IDK where he is...

Rhapsody
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Today, 12:38 am

For me it depends on the partner and how things ended. I've had two partners and they were both anxious, depressed and had very poor self esteem. One of them took that out on me, and the other took it out on himself.

I'm still in contact with/tentatively dating again my ex-boyfriend. He was the one who tended to punish himself for his issues, and while him breaking up with me was devastating, it wasn't explosive and we ended on relatively good terms. Since I recently reached out to him we're back to daily contact and things are going well...though it's really too soon to tell.

My ex-girlfriend, however, I am no-contact with. Mostly on her own request, since she blocked me, but it's honestly best for me too. Even though I miss talking to her as she was one of my best friends for fifteen years. Once we started dating she became controlling, weaponized my autism against me, convinced me that I was a horrible, abusive person with anger issues, and then (after I told her we needed a break because her constant attacks had me on edge) she deleted all of our stuff, we used to write fanfiction together - this was fifteen years worth of writing, and said we can never go back to even just being friends again because I was too awful and made her life hell. She nuked that bridge hard.