Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 8:37 am

dustinsdynasty wrote:
I work around the seat as much as I can, it doesn't really bother me. I use the least fingers necessary to move the seat and will get disgusted if I touch a bodily fluid

Yeah I get that

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 8:40 am

In public toilets if I have to touch the seat I use a bit of toilet paper so I'm not touching it directly.

Public toilets can be pretty disgusting.

RBSplat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2024, 12:47 pm

Yes .... actually. Normally men use the urinal to do their business they are actually in a stall, they use a comode and they plan to sit and need the seat down. It's nasty to have to grab the seat and lower it, so put it down!

If your going in to pee.... then, sorry, but put it down when your done.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

21 Jul 2024, 8:31 am

I don't care how the seat was left when I go to use the bathrrom since I can easily adjust it myself. The three jobs I had were cleaning related & included cleaning the bathrooms so I'm not very bothered by the potential germs. We keep the seat & lid down in our apartment since we have a cat.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 9:37 am

I'm not a man people but my family (including the guys) keeps the seat down and the lid shut. We were taught to flush with the lid shut so that the water germs don't fly around the room and get on our toothbrushes etc. It also keeps pets from drinking the water which might have cleaning product residue in it, although none of mine have even tried.

dustinsdynasty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2024, 2:03 am

RBSplat wrote:
Yes .... actually. Normally men use the urinal to do their business they are actually in a stall, they use a comode and they plan to sit and need the seat down. It's nasty to have to grab the seat and lower it, so put it down!

If your going in to pee.... then, sorry, but put it down when your done.

Absolutely. I prefer the urinal to pee because stalls can be messy, providing a urinal is available.

Blog: http://www.dustinsdynastyusa.com
Linktree: http://linktr.ee/dustinsdynasty
Diagnosed with Aspergers at age 13 back in 1998.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 10:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not a man people but my family (including the guys) keeps the seat down and the lid shut. We were taught to flush with the lid shut so that the water germs don't fly around the room and get on our toothbrushes etc. It also keeps pets from drinking the water which might have cleaning product residue in it, although none of mine have even tried.

We have a deerhound who seems to prefer toilet water to the fresh water bowl 3 feet away, sitting on a rack over the bath because she doesn't like eating from floor level.
Since I'm tall, and toilet bowls are designed to accommodate kids, both my partner and I appreciate the elevated seat we installed.
Since I pee outside (wherever I goddamned like... My farm is cut out of the middle of a forest), even before the unraisable elevator the pot was for sitting only and because of dogs, the lid is always down.
Even visiting in the city I'll ask permission to pee in the garden, but inside...always put lid down before flushing.
Surely the mothers in the audience get inured to manure.
(I don't know why I had to rhyme that)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 6:03 pm

I put both the seat and lid down for reasons that some other people have mentioned in the thread, namely, germs in the water that are flying upwards during a flush, when the lid is open.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 6:21 pm

This question is pretty irrelevant at my place.
Since we fitted a height extender the seat doesn't lift at all (got tired of all toilets being kid friendly), but even before that guys were required to pee outside.

Please try not to pee on the dogs or peacocks.