Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 10:41 pm

bee33 wrote:
^She doesn't strike me as lazy, self-absorbed, or awkward.

The lazy and self-absorbed is something that comes from what her staffers have said and here tendency to get caught out for easily foreseeable attacks. Tulsi Gabbard absolutely destroying her for her behavior as AG of CA, she didn't even have a response even though that attack was coming. Similarly with Lester Holt where she got all upset about being asked about when she was going to the border when she had been assigned to take point on it.

I'm not even sure how somebody so unqualified for the job takes it if they aren't self-absorbed and her performance as VP reflects that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2024, 3:53 am

Watch her grill supreme court judge Brett Kavanaugh. She is quite intellectually nimble and is capable of being very assertive and dominating.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2024, 4:02 am

bee33 wrote:
^She doesn't strike me as lazy, self-absorbed, or awkward.

She came up in a struggling in a single household (unlike trump) and is largely self-motivated. She's probably the exact opposite of all of those descriptors.

However, I notice like Barak Obama she had little or nothing to do with African Americans (her African side left the scene like Obama's dad).

In Obama's case his white mother and white grandparents bought him up and in Harris's case her Indian tamil mother and her Indian family bought her up) but when entering the legal profession (like Obama) she realised it was useful to ally herself with African American issues. I would like to see her acknowledge her Indian roots more, I am confused why she (Kamala) or her sister don't speak tamil (my wife's language). Her late mother is a major reason she is so successful.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 5:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Watch her grill supreme court judge Brett Kavanaugh. She is quite intellectually nimble and is capable of being very assertive and dominating.

She's like that when she can go on the offensive. She struggles significantly if she's either on the defensive or confronted with something she hasn't been prepared for and given a line to use.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 8:20 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

She's like that when she can go on the offensive. She struggles significantly if she's either on the defensive or confronted with something she hasn't been prepared for and given a line to use.

Perhaps, she works with a script, so maybe isn't as skilled when having to debate. But then again I can't see how she could have been such a successful prosecutor without being nimble on her feet. Maybe she doesn't do politics as successfully.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 9:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Perhaps, she works with a script, so maybe isn't as skilled when having to debate. But then again I can't see how she could have been such a successful prosecutor without being nimble on her feet. Maybe she doesn't do politics as successfully.

Presumably preparation. The prosecutor gets more or less the same pool of evidence as the defense and has the advantage of being allowed to choose not to file charges if there isn't enough evidence to support all the charges. If anything unexpected does come up, it's usually because there wasn't enough prep work to begin with and it's usually on the list of things to prepare for. A truly unexpected revelation isn't normal.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 9:15 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Presumably preparation. The prosecutor gets more or less the same pool of evidence as the defense and has the advantage of being allowed to choose not to file charges if there isn't enough evidence to support all the charges. If anything unexpected does come up, it's usually because there wasn't enough prep work to begin with and it's usually on the list of things to prepare for. A truly unexpected revelation isn't normal.

this is valid. One reason I suspect you are right is she used certain phrases too often in her speeches. One in particular
- "What can be, unburdened by what has been" was highlighted in a video compilation of her phrases 10 different times.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:

this is valid. One reason I suspect you are right is she used certain phrases too often in her speeches. One in particular
- "What can be, unburdened by what has been" was highlighted in a video compilation of her phrases 10 different times.

Admittedly, I could be wrong, I'm just not sure how else you square those moments where she falls into a trap that she should have been able to see coming. While that aspect of her is pretty relatable from an autistic perspective, I still agree with the folks that are saying she probably isn't.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 12:13 am

Would be ironic if she, trump and Musk all turn to be a little bit autistic.
fun fact: if you type "is kamala harris autistic" then the first link you find in your search is this one!!
Hi everyone :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 12:45 pm

x

Last edited by naturalplastic on 27 Jul 2024, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 12:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Would be ironic if she, trump and Musk all turn to be a little bit autistic.
fun fact: if you type "is kamala harris autistic" then the first link you find in your search is this one!!
Hi everyone :lol:

So...ya heard it here FIRST. Right here on WP radio!

Whoopie!

https://youtu.be/TorwkR_cYZU

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 12:58 pm

Sounds like the evidence is about as strong as that for Barron Trump (45's son) being autistic. Zillions on WP were convinced that Barron was autistic solely because when he was 10 he would play with a fidget spinner while his daddy did speeches. We all know that NT kids are riveted by political speeches when they are ten.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 1:00 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
...Tulsi Gabbard absolutely destroying her for her behavior as AG of CA, she didn't even have a response even though that attack was coming. Similarly with Lester Holt where she got all upset about being asked about when she was going to the border when she had been assigned to take point on it.

Speaks volumes.

Cath53
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2024, 10:32 am

I'm waiting on her to do a press conference and debate. Sge CAN read the teleprompter and/or notes. Speak spontaneously without her usual repetitive speech? And then there's her inappropriate laugh (cackle) when she speaks spontaneously.

With her having an ASD daughter, blood related or not, one would think she'd promote ND education awareness for all!? Right?!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2024, 1:27 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Sounds like the evidence is about as strong as that for Barron Trump (45's son) being autistic. Zillions on WP were convinced that Barron was autistic solely because when he was 10 he would play with a fidget spinner while his daddy did speeches. We all know that NT kids are riveted by political speeches when they are ten.

Some autistic guy posted a video of Barron fidgeting at his dad’s 3AM victory speech as under the title of “ Barron Trump Autistic? if so – what an amazing opportunity to bring attention to the AUTISM epidemic”. Rosie O’Donnell reposted the video and it went viral. Melania got a lawyer and Rosie apologized. Also Melania stayed in New York to let Barron complete the year in the same school. This was described as “evidence” they were hiding Barron’s “autism” in shame. Anyway on WP the controversy was more about was it appropriate to use the 10 year old first son to destigmatize autism than if Barron is autistic. I very strongly was against the idea and supported Melania.

Anyway Kamala’s situation is completely different from Barron’s. She is a 59 old running for the highest elected office in the land, not a 10 year old in a situation he had no part in creating.

The flimsy evidence about Barron is more than the evidence the Kamala at this point. It would be great and I would be thrilled if she is autistic. Wanting something to be true is not evidence.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2024, 1:57 pm

MaxE wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
...Tulsi Gabbard absolutely destroying her for her behavior as AG of CA, she didn't even have a response even though that attack was coming. Similarly with Lester Holt where she got all upset about being asked about when she was going to the border when she had been assigned to take point on it.

Speaks volumes.

What's your point? That is a thing that happened and Harris should have seen it coming and been prepared.