Do you live alone? Do you want to?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Princess Viola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2024, 9:39 am

Since my grandpa died back in early June, I've since moved in with family. Currently live with my mom, her husband (not my dad, my dad died in 2018), my older sister, and my niece.

Honestly speaking, I prefer being alone most of the time, so I kind of wish I were able to live by myself but I'm not - at least not now or anytime in the near future. Well I'd probably have a cat or something so I wouldn't be alone alone but 'without other people'.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 9:41 am

The title of this thread sounds like a mafia threat. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

16 Aug 2024, 4:16 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
what benefits is she on if you don't mind telling me
Cass has SSI, Medicaid, Section 8 Housing Assistance, & Food Stamps. My benefits are Social Security Disability, Medicare, & Medicaid; before & while I was working I just had SSI & Medicaid. it seems to me like getting certain benefits or how well they work can be dependent on where you live or if you have assistance navigating the system. I never had any assistance except for my parents who had no experience being on benefits(they worked very hard as adults to be lower middle class till they retired) or Cass helping me fill out Medicaid & Social Security paperwork after we moved in together. Her benefits are dependent on her exact income whereas mine stay the same as long as my income stays under a certain amount. If we got married my Social Security Disability would screw-up her benefits which is why we're not. Whereas I could get a part-time job & won't risk losing my benefits if my income would be low enough.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2024, 7:20 pm

I live with my adult children but spend about 2-3 nights per week at my partner's house.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2024, 8:15 pm

I live on my own, yet I live with a bunch of people because I live in an apartment and a government one at that. I want to really be living on my own in a house in the suburbs or the country.

ShwaggyD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2024, 2:03 am

I live in my own room in a shared house. I rarely see any of the others. I've live alone a few times and personally didn't like it. I like being alone but I like having someone else nearby living in parallel aloneness even more. It's hard finding good roomies, but worth it when I do. I don't mind spending lots of time alone, I do mind feeling lonely.