Donald Trump Says He'll Flee to Venezuela If He Doesn't Win

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 7:50 pm

Mentally fit or not, Biden is still a better President than Trump. Regardless, Biden accomplished more in one term than most Presidents do in two. What did Trump do, except for threatening to desert our allies while playing footsie with our enemies Putin and Kim, dictators who he envies.
And why should a state AG not prosecute Trump for election fraud? He violated the law in that state.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 8:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mentally fit or not, Biden is still a better President than Trump. Regardless, Biden accomplished more in one term than most Presidents do in two.

See, again, as someone who isn't fanatical about either, I don't really think of TRUMP, I think of BIDEN in the present...the man is STILL president and now, all of a sudden, the staunch BIDEN lovers did an about-face and say he's not mentally fit....and he is still POTUS as of August 2024.

Also, look, I think many Americans feel this way - What exactly has Biden "accomplished" ?? Certainly not more in one term than most presidents do it two. This is a sincere question coming from an apolitical middle-of-the-roader. What are all these things Biden has done in the past 3 and 1/2 years?

Kraichgauer wrote:
What did Trump do, except for threatening to desert our allies while playing footsie with our enemies Putin and Kim, dictators who he envies.

One thing I will complement Trump on: COVID-19 didn't even hit until the final year of his 4-year presidency. He managed to get a vax on the market before leaving office. Operation Warp Speed. Many said he'd drag his feet, or a vaccination would take DECADES to produce. The first COVID vaccinations started a month or two BEFORE he left office in late 2020.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And why should a state AG not prosecute Trump for election fraud? He violated the law in that state.

Who said anything about a state Attorney General?? I'm starting to wonder if people actually watch the news or just make stuff up. Trump wasn't prosecuted at the STATE level. Or even the FEDERAL level. He was prosecuted at the LOCAL level for Federal offences.

You can debate whether or not the STATE should prosecute FEDERAL crimes that happen in the said state. But that's NOT what happened here....do you people not follow? He was put on trial for FEDERAL crimes in a LOCAL court, specifically the New York County (borough of Manhattan) District Attorney's office.

I guess you guys hear "New York" and assume it's New York State. No, he was put on trial by a LOCAL D.A. To me, regardless of Trump's alleged Federal and State crimes, it is NOT THE PLACE of a local court to bring such matters to trial.

Like the meter maid who wants to see my IRS federal returns...not her place.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 11:30 am

Biden did infrastructure, forgave student debt, restored our NATO alliances. Off the top of my head.

Trump allowed 100,000s to die of covid, but at the last minute he did come through with a vaccine. I will give him that.

But most of Trump's energy went into building "the wall" which he failed to accomplish, and it would have been a useless boondoggle even if he had gotten it built.

you're arguing in bad faith. you're not a "centrist". You are in fact an extremist. If this were a normal American election (like between Obama and Mitt Romney) and you were dead center between the two then you would be "a centrist". But this is not a normal American election. And you are in fact a fanatical outlier. Are that because of your obvious contempt for democracy and contempt for the rule of law. You are comfortable with a future president Trump which means you are comfortable with a future dictatorship. Ergo you are a fanatical outlier, and anything but a "centrist".

But despite your obvious contempt for the rule of law you are apparently also a legal scholar and legal expert and apparently you must have passed the bar exam.

We are all honored by the presence of a legal expert like yourself.

So...

why dont you share your expertise with us and explain to us why its wrong for NYC to prosecute Trump, and tell us how it should be done?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 12:10 pm

To me it makes sense. Although Venezuela has an extradition treaty with the US they (as a rule of thumb) will not extradite anyone to the US. If he (Trump) doesn't win he knows he will face prosecution if he stays in the US. It is a classic example of a criminal fleeing prosecution.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 12:14 pm

So...he will take all of that money donated to him by MAGAS, and from selling those Bibles...and "run Venezuela"!

https://youtu.be/jBd0YqO_-2I

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 12:29 pm

He won't last five minutes if he goes there. Venezuela is one of the most messed-up counties in the world. It has one of the highest rates of homicide, there are shortages of food, water and medicine, and power outages are common. And everyone there drives like a raving lunatic.

Who am I kidding? He'll fit right in.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 3:32 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mentally fit or not, Biden is still a better President than Trump. Regardless, Biden accomplished more in one term than most Presidents do in two.

See, again, as someone who isn't fanatical about either, I don't really think of TRUMP, I think of BIDEN in the present...the man is STILL president and now, all of a sudden, the staunch BIDEN lovers did an about-face and say he's not mentally fit....and he is still POTUS as of August 2024.

Also, look, I think many Americans feel this way - What exactly has Biden "accomplished" ?? Certainly not more in one term than most presidents do it two. This is a sincere question coming from an apolitical middle-of-the-roader. What are all these things Biden has done in the past 3 and 1/2 years?

Kraichgauer wrote:
What did Trump do, except for threatening to desert our allies while playing footsie with our enemies Putin and Kim, dictators who he envies.

One thing I will complement Trump on: COVID-19 didn't even hit until the final year of his 4-year presidency. He managed to get a vax on the market before leaving office. Operation Warp Speed. Many said he'd drag his feet, or a vaccination would take DECADES to produce. The first COVID vaccinations started a month or two BEFORE he left office in late 2020.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Who said anything about a state Attorney General?? I'm starting to wonder if people actually watch the news or just make stuff up. Trump wasn't prosecuted at the STATE level. Or even the FEDERAL level. He was prosecuted at the LOCAL level for Federal offences.

You can debate whether or not the STATE should prosecute FEDERAL crimes that happen in the said state. But that's NOT what happened here....do you people not follow? He was put on trial for FEDERAL crimes in a LOCAL court, specifically the New York County (borough of Manhattan) District Attorney's office.

I guess you guys hear "New York" and assume it's New York State. No, he was put on trial by a LOCAL D.A. To me, regardless of Trump's alleged Federal and State crimes, it is NOT THE PLACE of a local court to bring such matters to trial.

Like the meter maid who wants to see my IRS federal returns...not her place.

I think naturalplastics more than answered your questions aimed at me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 3:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Biden did infrastructure, forgave student debt, restored our NATO alliances. Off the top of my head.

Trump allowed 100,000s to die of covid, but at the last minute he did come through with a vaccine. I will give him that.

But most of Trump's energy went into building "the wall" which he failed to accomplish, and it would have been a useless boondoggle even if he had gotten it built.

you're arguing in bad faith. you're not a "centrist". You are in fact an extremist. If this were a normal American election (like between Obama and Mitt Romney) and you were dead center between the two then you would be "a centrist". But this is not a normal American election. And you are in fact a fanatical outlier. Are that because of your obvious contempt for democracy and contempt for the rule of law. You are comfortable with a future president Trump which means you are comfortable with a future dictatorship. Ergo you are a fanatical outlier, and anything but a "centrist".

But despite your obvious contempt for the rule of law you are apparently also a legal scholar and legal expert and apparently you must have passed the bar exam.

We are all honored by the presence of a legal expert like yourself.

So...

why dont you share your expertise with us and explain to us why its wrong for NYC to prosecute Trump, and tell us how it should be done?

Thank you for your concise defense of my post. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 3:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
you're arguing in bad faith. you're not a "centrist". You are in fact an extremist.

It's nice when you're given a real-world example of enlightened centrism.

Enlightened centrism contains two lies because they're neither enlightened nor centrist.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

SailorsGuy12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2024, 3:51 pm

The Hell?? :roll:

"Capitalism" or free-market != oppression

SailorsGuy12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2024, 3:55 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
I like Trump better than Kamala. For the life of me, it seems pro-Kamala people are simply anti-Trump; they really don't like Kamala as an individual. If you're voting for someone because they're NOT the other person, then I think you don't understand what voting (ideally) should be.

Well, it's as if they believe Kamala and the other modern Dems genuinely care about this country either.

"Capitalism" or free-market != oppression

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 8:53 pm

SailorsGuy12 wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
I like Trump better than Kamala. For the life of me, it seems pro-Kamala people are simply anti-Trump; they really don't like Kamala as an individual. If you're voting for someone because they're NOT the other person, then I think you don't understand what voting (ideally) should be.

Well, it's as if they believe Kamala and the other modern Dems genuinely care about this country either.

Why wouldn't she? Why wouldn't other modern Dems?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 11:11 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

It doesn't matter what anyone imagines voting should be in some hypothetical ideal scenario, only what voting is in the real world where our actions (and inactions) have consequences.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 4:25 am

If Trump hasnt spent all of his ten million in Egyptian dollars yet then he could live well in Venezuela.

https://youtu.be/sFMrygQa8U8

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 8:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I think naturalplastics more than answered your questions aimed at me.

Not exactly. Biden's first term isn't even over, yet he's already in the shadows. I don't understand how he's accomplished more in 3+ years what most presidents don't even do in 8.

And, no, that's not me being adversarial. Maybe you have a good point and I'm not seeing it. Enlighten me. A lot of folks I speak with at work say things like, "I'm not crazy about Trump, but what did Biden do, and who is Harris anyway?"

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 8:33 am

naturalplastic wrote:

I feel a lot of us non-political undecided voters get lambasted by people fanatical for either side when we simply ask questions. But I'm gonna ask anyway. And maybe I'm unaware, so educated me. I ask sincerely:

*Where is all this infrastructure that Bided "did." ? I don't think that Baltimore Bridge will be completed anytime soon...
*I thought the Eastern European NATO members are still worried that if the Ukraine thing spills over into their territory, then the US and Western Europe won't help and honor the defense pact.
*I actually wish I hadn't paid off my student debt 20 years ago. Maybe it would be forgiven now. It seems like most forgiveness was for long-ago debts. And I'm serious, if I had a crystal ball...

naturalplastic wrote:

See, unless Trump manufactured the virus and spread it around, or openly encouraged everyone to go out and get COVID, then I don't understand how he or ANYONE else "allowed" people to die. And, if he'd said, "To hell with a vax. Tough it out!," then I'd agree he was 'letting' people die. But he didn't create the Corona virus, he was just president when it hit. And he got a vaccination in under a year.

naturalplastic wrote:

I agree about the wall itself. But I think there was a greater sense on the part of illegals that getting into the US illegally was harder under Trump. As soon as he left office, they openly said "Party time!" and have been flooding in like madness. Yes....many Americans see this daily all over the country.

naturalplastic wrote:

I honestly can't follow this. I'm looking at two candidates as people who will get elected and serve the next 4 years. I had a like/dislike about both Biden and Trump. Now, as if the rug was pulled out from under me, my Biden list has to go in the garbage. People sold me on Biden as one of my two choices, then did a bait-and-switch. Harris isn't Biden, she's a completely new character.